The pain that is developed along the sciatic nerve also called lower back pain (sciatica) can be quite overwhelming. It can create massive sending of shooting or burning pain from the lower back, into the hip, and all the way to the feet. It is very painful for you when you sit, walk, or even lay in bed.
Things that cause lower back pain are damaged discs, inflamed tissues that surround the nerve, and a chronically tight piriformis muscle, which creates compression of the nerve. It is better to treat nerve compression early before it creates damage to the nerves.
Jump sciatic pain and cure sciatica.
9 Herbs That Release The Lower Back Pain
Some specific herbs and body weight as a general guide.
- Devil’s Claw (Harpagophytum procumbens). This herb is known for relieving of arthritis pain, and it also eases lower back pain used in low doses.
- Oil of Wintergreen. Contains a high dose of methyl salicylate, an element used for treatment of inflammation cause by arthritis, lower back pain, rheumatism and externally tensed muscles. It mustn’t be ingested as it is toxic.
- St. John’s Wort. These herbs help in relieving of intense pain and tension if taken preferably before bad time in a way of rubbing oil on the affected part.
- Chamomile is another herb that helps greatly especially in healing of muscle tissues. It can either be used in a topical application or by adding 10-20 drops of tea extract in water. Both ways produce immediate results.
- Horsetail is a perennial herb without flowers similar to the shape of a brush and has hollow stems and narrow leaves. The leaves are spreading by creeping rhizomes which acts as an effective remedy in building of connective tissue.
- Turmeric is one of the most mentioned herbs when it comes to herbs for treating of conditions like lower back pain, injuries, wounds and pain management. Already used a long time in Asia and very famous for its effect. There are several ways to use garlic put inside left to burn and then cool. Regular rubbing with this oil on the affected part will help you in relieving of some mild pain.
There are several ways you can use herbs in order to help yourself. You can use a combination or some mixture of herbs, you can use them in topical applications or as standalone medicines. Uncontrolled and puzzling use of some herbs can sometimes also have a negative effect.
So act in the proper way and first to your doctor for him or her to diagnose the reason for your lower back pain first, and then decide which one of the next treatments suits you best:
- Natural pain relievers in the sciatica nerve – like relaxing, ice and heat
- Fine posture and coordination in space – A balanced posture while sleeping, sitting walking or lifting things
- Piriformis stretches – they cause the reducing of compression in the sciatica nerve
- Physiotherapy exercises – stretches and ball work
- Yoga poses for sciatica – Relieving of nerve pain