If you are one of those people who would like to lose a few pounds and tone your body you have to know that doing cardio or treadmill will not satisfy your needs. They will only help you get rid of a certain portion of your fat.
What you should try instead is resistance training. This way you will improve your endurance and strength and you will look so much better!
There has been a recent study which has examined the effects of resistance exercise on the metabolic constraints of a non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. There were two groups of patients. The first group had to perform pushups and squats 3 times a week for 12 weeks and the control group did not do any resistance exercise.
After 12 weeks passed, they compared the results of the two groups. Generally, the exercise group raised the fat-free and muscle mass and they lowered the levels of insulin, iron and fatty liver. Thus, we can clearly see that resistance exercise improves the metabolism in case of a non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
Furthermore, we are here today to present you with the best and most effective exercises and they do not require any type of equipment. Additionally, they will help you build lean muscle tone and they will slow down the aging process. Also, you will look very good.
The following exercises are 10 exercises which are called ‘compounds movements’ and they target a lot of muscles at the same time, and not in a particular order. When you incorporate them in your workout program they will help you burn all that fat very quickly.
The 10 Exercises to Burn Fat Quickly
1. The Burpee
With this exercise you will get your heart pumping. What is more, it will also eliminate the belly fat without the need of doing cardio. This is how you should to this exercise:
- First, start in a standing position with your legs at shoulder-width apart.
- Then, place your hands on the floor and kick your legs back so that you can end up on the floor on your stomach and thighs. The elbows should be bent.
- Next, press like when you do push-ups and push your hips upwards.
- Just jump with your feet under your hips and then stand.
- Finally, jump with your hands over your head and finish the exercise.
2. The Pull Up
This is the most important exercise when it comes to conditioning your biceps and back. However, you have to find a bar which will help you support your weight. You have to do this exercise with your hands away from you. Here is how to do it:
- Just clutch to a bar with a grip and hang all the way down.
- Then, pull yourself upwards until your chin reaches the bar. Pause.
- Next, lower all the way back down.
- Finally, wait a minute and when you are finished, do another set.
3. The Squat
If you want to help shape your legs and butt you have to do squats regularly. This is how you should so squats:
- Place yourself in a standing position and put your legs at hip’s width and your arms in front of your body.
- Next, squat downwards while you tight the glutes and abs. Keep in mind that you back has to be straight.
- Finally, bounce back with the buttock, up and down.
- Do 3 sets with 15 repetitions. When this exercise starts to become easier start intensifying it with dumbbells.
4. The Push Up
This exercise is good for the triceps and the whole upper-mid section. Just do this:
- Lie on the floor, face down. Place your hands 36 inches apart with your torso up with the arms.
- Next, lower the chest until you touch the floor and inhale.
- Then, exhale and go back to the initial position.
- Take a break and lower down as many times as you are capable to do so.
5. The Lunge
- First, stand up and keep your legs at hip’s width.
- Then, step forward with one leg and bend the knee at 90 degrees. Hold the position for 5 seconds.
- Finally, return to the initial position and do the same with the other leg.
- Just do 3 sets of the exercise with 10-20 repetitions.
6. The Spider Crawl
This exercise is the best for the center and to increase the portability of the hips. Just do the following:
- Start in a prone position on the floor and support your weight by using the hands and toes.
- Then, bend the arms at 90 degrees. This is the starting position.
- Next, raise the foot off the ground and bring your knee as close as you can to the elbow.
- Finally, return to the initial position and do the same on the opposite side.
7. The Skater
This exercise is optimal for strengthening the knees and legs and to get rid of the few extra pounds. These are the guidelines:
- Just place a pad behind your leg and set your feet hip-width apart.
- Then, transfer the weight on the dominant leg and keep the back straight.
- Finally, slowly come downwards as you push your hips and butt backwards.
- Continue like this until the knee of your raised and bent leg lightly touches the pad.
- Finally, return to initial position and do the same with the other leg.
8. The Plank
With this exercise you will strengthen your core and you will fortify the abdomen. This is what you have to do:
- Start with a push-up position on the floor. Bend the elbows 90 degrees and rest your weight on your forearms. Your body should look like a straight line from the head to the feet.
- Your wrists have to be in line with your shoulders and your nose has to face the floor.
- Just tight up your muscles and stay in this position for 20-60 seconds. Rhythmically breathe in and out.
- Repeat 3 times.
9. Jumping Rope
Skipping is a great alternative instead of running. This will help you burn a ton of calories and your legs and arms will be very toned. The proper rope should not go past your armpits when you place the legs in the center and lift the handles. Also, you can do a ‘phantom skip’ where you toss the rope to the side and pretend to jump just by going through the motions. This is what you have to do:
- Jump 1-2 inches off the floor so that the rope can go under your feet.
- You should move the rope with your wrists and forearms, not with your shoulders.
- Try to jump for 5 minutes and when time passes increase to 20 minutes.
10. The Get Up
This exercise targets the triceps and helps you lose underarm flab. You just have to maintain a solid plankthrough the whole exercise. These are the instructions:
- Begin with a plank position and keep your hips still.
- Then, lower the back to the elbows one arm at a time.
- Halfway through the exercise change the leading arm so that you can strengthen the other shoulder as you press with your hands.
There you have them. These 10 exercises will do miracles when it comes to losing weight and toning your body and the best thing is that you can do them at home with no equipment. They will have you looking fine in no time!