The detoxifying process of the body is an ancient practice. This procedure should be done properly, otherwise, your body will starve and your metabolism will slow down. Moreover, if the detoxifying process is not done properly, it may lead to dehydration, fatigue, nausea, and dizziness.
Our body detoxifies itself through the liver, the kidneys, and the colon. So, the liver is the body’s filter and it prevents toxins in food to pass into the bloodstream. On the other hand, the colon removes the toxins from the body, while the kidneys filter the blood all the time and eliminate toxins through the urine. Hence, in order to promote the function of these organs, you should consume the right food.
In fact, one of the most powerful methods to cleanse the body and provide the necessary nutrients for the 3 main detoxification organs can be done in 48 hours.
The 48-Hour weekend cleanse is based on consuming certain foods that should be consumed two days in a row.
Quinoa with Prunes for Breakfast
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- The ½ cup of quinoa
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil
- 1/3 cup of chopped prunes
- The ¼ cup of rice milk
- Take a small pot and pour the water and add the quinoa, the nutmeg, and the grated ginger.
- Stir the mixture and bring to a boil.
- Then, reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes. Next, add the prunes and rice milk.
- Cover again and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Before you consume it, add and stir one tablespoon of flaxseed oil.
Detox Drink as Snack between Meals
- The ½ cup of pineapple
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 bunch of kale. Remove the stems
- ½ squeezed lemon
- A ¼ inch of ginger
- The ½ cup of mint
- All you should do is put all the ingredients in the juicer and mix.
Fruit Smoothie for Lunch
- The ½ cup of plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed or chia
- A ¼ cup of frozen blueberries
- ¼ banana
- The ½ cup of ice
- Take a blender and mix all the ingredients until you get a homogenous mixture.
Vegetable Broth Soup for Dinner
- 2 chopped red onions
- 2chopped celery stalks
- 1 chopped fennel bulb with fronds and stalks
- 2 teaspoons of caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup of sliced shitake caps
- 4 large chopped garlic cloves
- 1 chopped cabbage
- 2 quarts of water
- 8 sprigs of chopped parsley with stems and leaves
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano
- The ½ cup of chopped parsley
- Take a pot, and add all the ingredients, except the chopped parsley, in it.
- Bring it to boil and reduce heat.
- Then, let it simmer for an hour.
- Serve topped with freshly chopped parsley.
- You shouldn’t eat after 7 p.m.
- Try Epsom salt bath.
- Before going to bed, have a cup of dandelion root tea.
- Increase the intake of blueberries, blackberries, whole grains, fermented foods, soy products, and cauliflower.