Did you know that the human body absorbs everything you put on your skin? Unfortunately, our body is often exposed to different chemicals and toxins through the cosmetics we use daily, as well as different care products. To make matters worse, more than 90% of these products have not been tested for safety, whereas the ones tested contained a lot of detrimental ingredients which can lead to genetic mutation, cancer, and birth defects.
According to the Cancer Prevention Coalition, personal hygiene products increase the risk of cancer, much more than smoking itself. Hence, these are the 10 most dangerous carcinogens we use on a daily basis:
- Most of the deodorants sold worldwide contain Parabens, petroleum products, aluminum, and triclosan- harmful toxins which penetrate the fat cells of the underarms and breasts, and thus, destroy the internal environment.
- Deodorants can cause serious damage to the endocrine, metabolic, and central nervous system.
- Therefore, opt for more organic deodorants or prepare your own deodorant with organic geranium essential oil and aluminum-free baking soda.
- They contain colored dyes, saccharin, sodium lauryl sulfate, fluorides, and propylene glycol, which can cause cancer and neurotoxicity.
- In order to avoid these harmful toxins, opt for organic toothpaste.
- Unfortunately, they are filled with Retinyl Palmitate which encourages the growth of skin tumors and lesions.
- Oxybenzone, also found in this product, is an endocrine disruptor. Instead, buy clear zinc sunscreen like Babo Botanical.
- Several studies have shown that adequate exposure to the sun is the best source for vitamin D and that it actually prevents skin cancer.
- Talcum powder contains magnesium silicate and it can also have asbestos.
- Studies indicate that baby powders can increase the chances of ovarian cancer.
- Instead, choose more organic baby powders or make your own baby powder at home.
- A study showed that using moisturizers like Eucerin Original Moisturizing Cream, Vanicream, Dermovan, etc. might increase the risk of skin cancer.
- This is because they’re filled with mineral oils, arsenic, and coal tar. Mineral oils have been associated with 23 different illnesses and health problems.
- Use a more natural moisturizer like unrefined coconut oil.
- Lipsticks are filled with toxins like Formaldehyde, Polypropylene, Tar, lead, etc.
- Therefore, always buy organic lipsticks like Ecco Bella.
- Hairsprays are loaded with detrimental chemicals for the environment like shellac, phthalates, denatured alcohol, shellac, etc.
- They may lead to lung damage, so it’s better to use organic hairsprays.
- Applying benzoyl peroxide for the treatment of acne and oily skin might increase the risk of melanoma since it promotes skin tumors.
- Choose more organic options for the treatment of acne like organic lemon and carrot seed essential oil.
- Mascaras are filled with aluminum, toxic polymers, fragrances, formaldehyde, and Parabens.
- Therefore, never use mascara older than 6 months and even better, opt for organic fragrance-free mascaras.
- These creams contain a lot of mercury and they have various harmful side-effects. Opt for more natural approaches like diamond peel treatment offered at spas.
- All in all, regardless of how appealing and promising the newest commercial for any of the aforementioned products seems, you need to put your health first and avoid them as much as possible.
- Organic is always better!