VapoRub is a widely used medicinal ointment. It’s made of different essential oils and it is used for the treatment of coughs and colds by being rubbed onto the chest and throat area. Moreover, it is also used for the treatment of muscle and joint ache.
However, the uses written on its label are not the only ones, as this product is much more beneficial. Namely, did you know that you can make your own VapoRub, free of the harmful additives present in the original product?
The less known uses of VapoRub:
- According to a study with 18 patients, it was found that 56% of the participants had a significant improvement in the signs and symptoms, whereas only 17% experienced no improvement.
- If you have toenail fungus, apply some VapoRub onto the affected area on a daily basis with the help of a cotton swab.
- Veterinarians recommend this ointment as a great way to train your pet.
- Namely, if you have a dog or a cat which isn’t housebroken and keeps on going to a specific place in the house, you should apply some VapoRub onto the area and the cat or dog will no longer do their business in that place.
- What’s more, if your cat keeps scratching your furniture, just apply some VapoRub to the piece of furniture and the cat won’t approach it because of the strong scent.
- Mosquitoes, flies, bees, and other insects cannot stand the strong smell of VapoRub.
- So, if you want to get rid of the annoying insects in your home, apply some VapoRub onto the exposed areas of your body.
- Additionally, if you have an insect infestation in your home, rub the ointment onto the areas where the insects congregate.
- Since this ointment is rich in camphor oil, it acts as a natural anesthetic and stops the pain in the applied area.
- Likewise, VapoRub holds anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that make it a great treatment for ear infections.
- You just need to apply a small amount to a cotton ball and place the cotton ball in your ear for a couple of minutes, several times per day.
- Thanks to the insect-repelling properties of this amazing ointment, you can successfully get rid of ticks.
- Just apply some VapoRub onto the area surrounding the tick and this will make it release itself on its own, or at least you will loosen its grip.
- Even though VapoRub is made of numerous beneficial ingredients, it is based on petroleum which is known to cause some health issues.
- Don’t worry; with the help of this recipe, you will have your own VapoRub, petroleum-free.
- 20 drops of camphor oil
- 20 drops of eucalyptus oil
- 20 drops of peppermint oil
- 2 tbsp of beeswax pellets
- The ½ cup of coconut oil
- First, melt the pellets into the coconut oil and mix well.
- Then, add the essential oils and mix until you get a homogenous mixture.
- Then, transfer the content into a small container like a jar or Chapstick tube.
- Use it in the same way as you would use regular, store-bought VapoRub.