The size of the pores can have an enormous influence on your feelings about your skin you’re your overall appearance. The pores are needed so that oils can be released to the surface. One of the most common reasons for enlarged pores is excessive exposure to sun and build-up of oil on the skin.
Namely, once a pore becomes bigger, the likelihood of developing acne and other blemishes increases. Nonetheless, you shouldn’t worry as there are a number of home remedies that can shrink your pores and make your skin look fresh and vibrant. Take a look at these methods:
- Ice cubes are excellent for tightening the skin without drying or clogging which occurs with the use of many creams and other types of store-bought products.
- Rub an ice cube on your face for 10 seconds and the pores will open up due to the coolness, and the buildup will come out, leaving your pores much smaller.
- Baking soda does wonder by exfoliating the skin; however, it could cause irritation to sensitive skin.
- Due to its properties, baking soda balances the pH levels in the skin and maintains the pores clean.
- You’ll need to mix two tbsp of baking soda and equal parts of water and apply it onto your entire face. Then, rinse the face with water.
- The procedure needs to be repeated daily for a week and then the application needs to be reduced to 3 to 5 times per week.
Apple cider vinegar
- Known for its numerous health benefits, apple cider vinegar is an excellent tool for decreasing the size of pores.
- It holds amazing anti-bacterial properties which remove the built-up oil and it also functions as an effective balance of the pH.
- Dilute some apple cider vinegar with water and then apply the content onto your face with a cotton ball.
- Afterward, rinse with warm water. Moisturize your skin after using vinegar.
Homemade tomato mixture
- The antioxidants and the lycopene found in tomatoes slow down the process of aging and repairs the skin.
- With the help of its astringent properties, tomato minimizes the pores and tones and tightens the skin.
- You’ll need to mix 1 tbsp of fresh tomato juice and 4 drops of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture onto your face and leave it for 15 minutes before rinsing it.
- The potassium in honey destroys bacteria living in the skin and also soothes and restores healthy skin.
- Apply an even coat of honey on the face and leave it for 10 minutes. Then, rinse off the face.
- Almonds hold restorative properties that repair the skin and maintain the pores small.
- Mix some ground almonds and orange peel powder to create a scrub.
- Then, apply the scrub in a circular motion. This will clear all build up the oil.
- Due to the heat from the water, the pores open up and release the buildup of grime that makes the pores look large.
- What you need to do is to boil water and bend your face toward the rising steam.
- Also, you could simply take a shower and relax in the steam.
- Cucumbers decrease the pores as they have astringent.
- Moreover, cucumbers also rejuvenate and clean the skin.
- Namely, squeeze some cucumber juice and apply it onto your face with a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before you rinse it with fresh water.