- Bananas float in water because they are less dense in comparison.
- Bananas are one of the most popular fruits in the American diet.
- Bananas grow on plants that are officially considered an herb.
- The banana is actually classified as a berry.
- Bananas may be considered a mood enhancer because it contains the amino acid, tryptophan and Vitamin B6 that helps the body produce serotonin.
- The bananas we eat today, the Cavendish, are different from pre-1960s’ bananas, the Gros Michael, as those have been wiped out by “the panama disease.”
- Bananas can help lower blood pressure and protect heart health due to high potassium and low salt content.
- The inside of a banana peel can help relieve itching and inflammation, such as from bug bit or poison ivy.
- Bananas are great pre-workout snacks because they are loaded with potassium that aids in maintaining nerve and muscle function during work outs.
- Humans share about 50% of our DNA with bananas.
Bananas are an ideal prebiotic because of their high fiber content. If you need a refresher on prebiotics, they are types of fiber that stimulate the microorganisms in your digestive tract and are essential for fueling probiotics. Studies have shown that eating bananas, in particular, can increase the amount of the good bifidobacteria in your gut.
That’s it. Banana Probiotic Bars are the perfect prebiotic + probiotic snack! With 2 billion CFU’s of active cultures plus the prebiotic benefits from bananas, they are a simple, tasty, and supercharged way of getting your digestive health back on track.