Every day our feet tolerate the sweat, hardships, pressure and the sweat of our shoes. Our feet travel a lot and uncomfortable shoes can make them tired, discomfort and also cause serious health issues. We spend a lot of money buying the most expensive and fashionable shoes to make our feet look beautiful, but what we don’t know is that by spending a little amount of money you can make your feet look beautiful without having to spend on extravagant shoes. Apart from making your feet look pretty, there are also a lot of hygiene factors of why you should keep your feet and toenails clean all the time.
You also might think that all the pedicures and foot treatment will cost you a lot, but let me share a few easy tricks with you, that will help you keep your feet and toenails clean at home in no time.
Foot health expert Margaret Dabbs shares, “pampering yourself with a 30 min DIY twice a week is one of the easiest beauty treatments you can perform yourself. A good pedicure will not only make your feet and toenails glow but also boost your confidence.
Here are 8 more tricks that will help you keep your feet and toenails clean and healthy.
1. Keep Your Feet Dry:
Wet feet are attracted to fungus and infections. Doctors suggest to always dry your feet after you wash them or come out of a shower.
Here are few steps how you can keep your feet dry:
1) Wear shoes made of high-quality material. If your feet sweat a lot, then sprinkle some baby powder in your shoes. It will prevent them from getting wet.
2) Another reason your feet sweat a lot is that you wear the same shoes for consecutive days. Avoid doing that.
3) After washing and moisturizing your feet, dry them with a clean towel.
2. Trim Your Toenails Perfectly:
A lot of people suffer from ingrown toenails which is quite painful. The reason behind this is that they refrain from cutting their nails for a long time.
If you want to avoid the pain and keep your nails sharp and clean then follow these steps:
1) Always cut your toenails straight. Never leave the sides round
2) Cutting them too short can also cause ingrown nails and infections to develop
3) Avoid cutting the cuticles also. If they irritate you, then use a q-tip and put them back in their place.
3. Keep Your Nails Healthy:
If you already suffer from ingrown nails, then follow these steps to avoid it in the future:
1) Take some warm water and add salt to it. Now dip your feet in the water for 15-20 minutes and soak them well.
2) Keep a clean dental floss between the edges of your nails and move it upward and backward slowly, without hurting your skin.
3) Apply antiseptic cream on the affected area and bandage the area. This will prevent it from catching any infections. For effective results, repeat the same process every day until you achieve the desired results. If it doesn’t get any better, then rush to the doctor. You might have caught an infection and he will provide you the right remedy.
4. Soak Your Feet In Warm Water:
Most people tired of covering their cracked heels with socks or wearing closed shoes. The simple treatment for that is to dip your feet in warm water once every week for 15-20 minutes. This will not only make your feet glow but also make your heel as soft as baby skin. To make your pedicure experience, even more, better, you can add a few ingredients to the warm water, such as herbs, essential oils, bath bombs, salt and a little shampoo or conditioner.
To get rid of the dead skin you will need a foot scrub or a pumice stone.
5. Moisturize Your Feet:
For healthy feet, it is important to keep them hydrated. You can use Vaseline, lanolin, glycerin and other essential oils to keep your feet fresh and hydrated. But remember, never to apply cream or oils between your toes, as it can cause fungus.
6. Massage Your Feet:
If you’re too tired to give yourself a pedicure, simply massage your feet. Massaging your feet is the best remedy to get rid of tiredness and fatigue. It is also proven to improve your blood circulation and immune system. You can always get yourself a professional masseuse but if you want to save the money then you can try it at home also. Simply keep a tennis ball in the middle of your foot and move your foot forward and backward in gentle motions.
7. File Hard Skin Off Your Feet:
The most common mistake salons make is that they file your skin when dipped in warm water. This is dangerous. When your feet are in the water, it is difficult to identify which part requires filing, also cracked skin can split in the water causing more pain and infections. Always file your skin when its dry.
8. Oil and Polish Your Feet Regularly
You don’t have to spend a lot on foot creams and moisturizers. Simply rub some foot oil on your feet. They easily dissolve into the skin and keep it more polished and nourished for a longer period than heavy creams do. Coconut oil and dry oi like emu oil are good to avoid infections due to their anti-inflammatory properties.
Here’s How To Get Rid Of Smelly Feet:
Stinky feet can be really embarrassing. Your body releases all sorts of chemicals which are produced in the form of sweat from your body. Most people sweat a lot in summers, surprisingly, some people’s feet sweat in winter too. If you want to avoid the embarrassment of stinky feet, then follow these steps:
- No need to spend a lot of money on expensive sprays and powers. Simply sprinkle some starch in your shoes and on your feet and it will absorb all the sweat, leaving your feet odorless.
- Dip your feet twice every week in warm salted water to make them relax and soft.
- Soaking your feet in vinegar is great for preventing bacteria and the stinky smell that bothers you.