Not only people with dark complexion, even fair skinned people will experience dark inner thighs. These embarrassing patches are caused due to higher concentration of melanin in your skin.
Various factors are responsible for excess production of melanin. Obesity, your diet and frequent shaving are among them. Apart from this eczema, hormonal imbalance, sunburn and fungal infection are held responsible for dark inner thighs.
Instead of checking cosmetic products aisle peep into your kitchen for innate ingredients that can lighten the appearance of dark complexion.
Note: These remedies can be used to get rid of dark neck, underarms and elbows.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Inner Thighs
There are several home available ingredients that can help you to improve skin complexion. But, here we’re listing most effective of them.
#1 Baking Soda
Known for its bleaching properties, baking soda application can effectively remove dead cells and exfoliate your skin.
Nutrients in it can lighten the appearance of your inner thighs.
- Make smooth paste by mixing baking soda with milk or water.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of honey and mix thoroughly.
- Now, apply this paste on your thighs and gently rub in circular motion for few minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water after 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat this process regularly for best results.
#2 Lemon and Yoghurt
Lemon is prominent for bleaching and acidic activities. Antibacterial and anti-fungal abilities packed in this ingredient can effectively treat ailments.
However, excess use of lemon can make your skin sensitive.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in ½ cup of yoghurt.
- Wash your skin and pat dry.
- Apply the mask evenly on thighs and leave it for 20 minutes to dry naturally.
#3 Aloe Vera Gel
This sticky gel is known to lock moisture and heal ailments. Ailments like eczema, psoriasis and fungal infection can be treated by topical application of aloe gel.
Its antioxidant activity helps to rejuvenate your skin and thwart free radicals. Its application can reduce dark spots, hyperpigmentation and able to restore your original skin.
- Get fresh aloe vera gel from garden or borrow it from neighbor.
- Peel its skin and wash the gel to remove mud.
- Now gently rub this sticky gel over thighs in circular motion.
- Leave the gel to dry for 15-20 minutes.
- You can optionally, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to make it more effective.
Assorted nutrients in turmeric powder can effectively inhibit melanin production. Its application can help to get rid of hyperpigmentation and other infectious germs.
- Mix a pinch of turmeric powder in 1 tablespoon of milk cream.
- Apply this mask on thighs and rub gently.
- Leave it to dry naturally for 20 minutes.
Rich water content in cucumber is known to lock moisture over the skin. It can effectively treat infectious ailments on your skin. Healing property exhibited by cucumber can help to restore your skin texture.
It also exhibits natural bleaching property that lightens your dark inner thighs.
- Take fresh cucumber and peel its skin.
- Slice cucumber and rub them on your thighs for 5-10 minutes.
- Allow the nutrients in it to affect on your skin.
- Rinse it off after 20 minutes.