Skin is the first organ which reflects when the body is full of toxins and it is skin which receives third of all the blood that is circulated in the body. Skin carries out major functions in the body lest we don’t take care of it.
You may be thinking that to have well toned skin and to reduce cellulite your skin needs pricey spa treatment. No, with dry skin/body brushing you can get a well toned skin.
Before leveraging the benefits and procedure of dry skin brushing let’s check out what actually dry skin brushing entails.
What is Dry Skin Brushing?
The name may mislead you; this is not specific to dry skin. Here dry skin indicates skin which is not wet. Dry skin brushing involves brushing skin gently with a long handled brush.
Main purpose is to remove dead cells and cellulite deposited on skin. And the ideal time to carry out this effective skin care technique is before bath (remember that your brush is not wet).
Dry Skin Brushing Benefits
Dry skin brushing should be carried out regularly in the morning. You may think: Already I’ve many things to my morning routine why should I add this?
Experts assure that the extra 5 minutes spent are well worth the investment. Your skin improves blood circulation. This not only gives you a glowing skin but you stay healthy with this process, how?
Brushing improves lymphatic circulation, blood circulation, cleanse skin pores and also help in digestion making your body healthy.
- Increasing blood circulation reduces cellulite appearance, cellulite is toxic material accumulated in fat cells. So rather than taking liposuction (cosmetic surgery to remove fat) try dry skin brushing.
- Rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin.
With dry skin brushing process you can shed all the dead skin cells to renew new cells which will improve blood circulation.
- It helps to remove clogged skin pores thus helping skin to absorb more nutrients. Also increases sweat production.
- Lymphatic organs which plays vital role in immune system, functions well with this process and also aids in digestion and kidney function.
- Through exfoliation it improves functioning of hormones benefiting hormone system.
Most notable benefits of dry skin brushing are it removes dead cells, improves blood circulation and lymph circulation, open up skin pores so that skin can breathe more easily giving you a young looking skin.
Dry Skin Brushing Procedure
Ideal time as mentioned is before bathing.
- Long handled brush is preferred so that you can reach every part of the body.
- Bristles should be natural, not synthetic. Select not hard yet somewhat stiff bristle brush.
- As lymphatic vessels carries lymph towards heart, to improve its circulation it’s advised to brush towards heart direction.
- Start at your feet (ankle), moving up the legs, while brushing arms make it towards heart, only you back are exception for this.
- Don’t brush too hard, this may irritate your skin. Skin should be stimulated and invigorated.
You can try this twice or once every day. Consistency is important.
- Undertake this process for 30 consecutive days and checkout your glowing skin.