It’s really embarrassing to wear sleeveless outfits with dark underarms. It’s very common in women with darker skin tone.
Fortunately, there are few natural remedies that can help to lighten this pigmentation to certain extent.
Baking soda is one among them.
Apart from household benefits, this home available ingredient exhibits cosmetic uses.
- Exfoliating ability of baking soda will help to remove accumulated dead cells and eliminate impurities.
- Bleaching ability of this ingredient inhibits melanin production and improves your skin tone.
- Topical application of baking soda will help to absorb excess oil and sweating, to avoid darkening of underarms.
- Antioxidant and antimicrobial ability residing in baking soda thwart infectious germs.
How to Use Baking Soda to Whiten Underarms?
There are different ways to use baking soda on your skin. Depending on your skin type, choose the recipe mentioned below.
#1 Lemon and Baking Soda
Skin lightening ability housed in lemon juice helps to whiten underarms and vitamin C residing in it help to boost collagen production.
- Mix 2tsp of baking soda with few drops of lemon juice to obtain smooth paste.
- Wash your underarms and pat dry with a cloth.
- Gently apply the paste underarms and allow it to dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
#2 Coconut Oil and Baking Soda
Hydrating and skin whitening abilities packed in coconut oil can’t be ignored.
- Mix 1 tbsp of virgin coconut oil with 2 tbsp of baking soda.
- Apply the obtained mixture on your underarms and gently massage.
- Rinse it off with water after 15 minutes.
#3 ACV and Baking Soda for Underarms
Acidic nature housed in apple cider vinegar help to lighten dark underarms. Topical application of this ingredient also helps to exfoliate dead cells.
- Mix 1 tbsp of ACV with 1 tbsp of baking soda.
- Take a cotton pad and apply the mixture underarms.
- After 15 minutes, rinse it off with water.
Part from this, you can mix water, hydrogen peroxide and cornstarch with baking soda.
Important things that you must avoid
- Don’t shave; instead use hot wax to remove hair.
- Hair removal creams that include chemicals also results in darkening of skin. So, avoid them.
- Avoid using deodorants and other chemical incorporated antiperspirants.
- Gently scrub once in a week to improve your skin texture.