Red swollen and inflamed bumps on your shoulders make you uncomfortable. Apart from being annoying, they are accompanied by pain and pus.
Instead of scratching and squeezing these lesions you can try home available ingredients to treat acne and light its appearance.
Who Gets and What Causes Shoulder Acne?
Teenagers are prone to this chronic skin ailment.
Hormonal imbalance, excess sebum, dead cells and bacterial infection are held responsible for this ailment.
Due to hormonal changes, your skin secretes excess sebum that gets clogged at pores. Dead cells along with bacteria accumulate on the skin and result in inflamed lesions.
Apart from this, food you eat, type of clothes you wear, cosmetic products you use and nutritional deficiency can trigger this skin ailment.
How to Get Rid of Shoulder Acne Overnight?
Natural ingredients are packed with essential nutrients that are capable of treating various skin ailments including acne.
Below mentioned are home remedies that aren’t associated with any side-effects and are inexpensive.
#1 Apple Cider Vinegar
Antibacterial ability of this ingredient can thwart infectious germs, shed dead cells piled on the skin and balance pH level of your skin.
- Mix 1 tbsp of ACV with 3 tbsp of raw honey.
- Apply this mixed solution on prewashed shoulder in circular motion.
- Allow it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
For internal consumption, you can mix 1-2 tbsp of ACV with lukewarm water and drink.
#2 Tomato Juice
Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory abilities residing in tomato juice can help you reduce acne inflammation.
- Take 1 sliced tomato and gently rub on your shoulder for few minutes.
- Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
Known for its exfoliating abilities, oatmeal can efficiently remove excess oil and dead cells piled on the skin.
Assorted properties in this mask help to soothe acne inflammation and fight bacterial infection.
- Mix 1 tbsp of grounded oatmeal and add 1 tbsp of honey and lemon juice to it.
- Now, mix all ingredients thoroughly to obtain smooth paste like consistency.
- Apply it on the affected part evenly and then allow it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
#4 Aloe Vera Gel
Soothing and calming properties in aloe gel can soothe inflamed acne blemishes. Its healing property can fasten the healing process of acne and lighten its appearance.
- Wash the affected part with water and pat dry with a cloth.
- Now, take fresh aloe gel from your garden and apply it on the shoulder acne.
- Leave it to dry for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
#5 Turmeric Powder
Renowned for its antiseptic and antibacterial abilities, topical application of turmeric powder will help to reduce inflammation.
- Take 1 tbsp of turmeric powder in a bowl, mix 1 tbsp of coconut oil to it.
- Now, apply the mixed paste on the affected part and then allow it to dry for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water.
#6 Baking Soda
Known for its exfoliating, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory abilities, this home available ingredient can reduce inflammation caused by acne.
- Mix 1 tbsp of baking soda with required amount of water to form paste like consistency.
- You can also add 1 tsp of cinnamon powder and 1 tbsp of honey to it.
- Now, apply the obtained paste on your shoulder and then allow it to dry naturally for 15-20 minutes.
#7 Tea Tree Essential Oil
Antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory abilities of tea tree oil can treat skin ailments like acne, eczema and psoriasis.
- Dilute tea tree oil with jojoba oil or other base oil before applying it on the skin.
- You can also use undiluted tea tree oil as a spot treatment with a cotton ball.
- Allow it to be on your skin for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with water.