Antibacterial and moisturizing agents blended in raw honey can be used to reduce all skin disorders. Humectant property of honey draws moisture from air and locks into the skin. Apart being an excellent moisturizer, it stripes excess oil secreted by your skin without reaping natural oils.
With its unmatched nutrients honey stands at the top of my home remedies. Homemade honey face mask along with other innate ingredients can effectively treat oily skin, dry skin and acne lesions.
How to Use Honey Face Mask for Dry Skin?
Millions of dead cells, dirt and other impurities get accumulated over your skin. When you use chemical filled creams they wipe these impurities along with natural oils of your skin, leaving it dry. Natural homemade face mask like honey cleanse your skin but locks moisture, making it an excellent remedy for dry skin.
Things you’ll need to make your own honey face mask.
- Banana – 1
- Finley grounded oats – 1/4 cup
- Raw honey – 2 tbsp
- Take grounded oats and blend it with banana till you get smooth paste. Pour 2 table spoon of honey and stir well. Wash your face or exfoliate it using cleanser. Apply the homemade honey and banana face pack evenly over the face. In 15-20 minutes the mask dries, and then you can rinse it off.
- Optionally follow with a natural moisturizer.
Honey Face Mask for Oily Skin
Internal factors influence excess production of sebum. Absorbing property residing in honey reaps this excess oil and fights infectious bacteria that may lead to acne.
Oily skin attracts dirt and other impurities. Cleansing agents in honey exfoliates your skin and acts as a face scrub.
Benefits of honey face mask for oily skin:
- Unclog blocked pores.
- Its antiseptic and antibacterial property thwarts acne causing bacteria.
- Exceptional properties in honey rejuvenate the skin.
- Stimulates fast healing of minor burns & injuries.
- Repeated application will fade dark spots and make your skin whitening.
Take 1 table spoon of honey, 2 tbsp of finely grounded almonds and few drops of lemon juice. Initially wash your face with lukewarm water, so that blocked pores open up. Then gently massage the face mask over the oily skin.
Other alternate natural ingredients that you can include with honey are: egg white, chocolate powder, tomato juice, multani mitti and sugar.
Treat Acne with Honey Face Mask
Though there are dozens of acne myths, research claim that pimples or zits are caused due to hormonal imbalance, inflammation and P.acnes.
Your skin sheds millions of dead cells daily, with excess sebum and dead cells skin pores are clogged. Infectious bacteria invade these pores to worsen the acne blemishes.
Anti-inflammatory property packed in honey reduces inflammation and antioxidants enhance fast healing of pimples. Bacteria are restrained using antibacterial agents.
- Mix 2 tbsp of raw manuka honey with few drops of lemon juice. To open the pores, expose your face to steam. You can use honey as a spot treatment on pimples. If you’ve dry or sensitive skin, limit the use of lemon juice.
- You can freely add any natural home available ingredient, tested that you’re not allergic to it.