Allergies vary from person to person. The reason is different people have different tolerance capabilities for foreign bodies. And when they come in contact with those intolerable foreign materials, allergy starts.
For instance, we all are exposed to dust/dirt and we don’t have any serious problem with that. But there are few people who gets sneeze even if they’re exposed to, little dust. Here, these people are allergic to dust.
Same goes with skin. When skin gets in contact with something which your skin is intolerable, then it develops an itchy, red, swollen area at contact part. This is called skin allergy.
According to AAAAI.ORG there are 4 types of skin allergies. Let me just list them. (Will write another post explaining each one)
- Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema) – common in children. Skin become dry and prone to irritation.
- Dermatitis – It occurs when your skin comes in contact with an allergen (a substance which is allergic to your skin).
- Hives or Urticaria – Swelling and causes small blood vessels to leak.
- Angioedema – Swelling occurred in deeper layers of skin. Seen together with hives.
You can read about every single allergy here.
If allergy is not serious you can treat it at home, but in-case of life threatening situation then we recommend you to visit your Doctor immediately.
Without ado, let’s check out those home available medicines which can cure skin allergies.
Home Remedies for Skin Allergies
If skin allergy developed in summer, then drink lots of water and take highly water content food in diet. It can be fruits or vegetables, prefer water content one.
- Take wood apple tree leaves, mix it with cumin powder and take 30 milliliters twice everyday to cure Hives skin allergy.
- Extract Indian plum juice and mix some soda to it, then apply it on prickly heat skin.
- Drink glass of lemon juice twice a day. Take Vitamin C rich food.
- If area of the skin is exceptionally itchy, then mash papaya on it. You can also try placing it under cool water for faster recovery. Pat it to dry and apply moisturizer.
- Avoid contact with foreign body which can trigger allergy.
- Don’t scratch. Don’t touch other parts of the body once you touch allergic part.
- Soak in Colloidal oatmeal (oatmeal which grounded down to powder and mixed well with water). Anyway for some people this may turn allergic.
- Don’t wear tight clothes, loosen it up.
Note: Serious rashes and itchy areas should be treated with Doctor’s prescription, even if you see it decreasing. As this may gain come back within no time.