Blackheads are black spots that appear under hair follicles due to dead cells and excess sebum. Unlike beauty spots, blackheads make your skin look ugly and patchy.
Many people squeeze to get rid of these black spots, but this isn’t recommended by beauty experts.
Instead, you can use a bunch of home remedies that can effectively remove blackheads and improve your skin tone.
With no harmful chemical ingredients, baking soda is one of the best remedy to treat blackheads.
Can Baking Soda Remove Blackheads?
- Topical application of baking soda will help to shed dead cells and wipe excess oil piled on your face.
- Apart from this it can unclog blocked skin pores and make your skin supple.
- It regulates excess production of sebum by neutralizing pH of the skin.
- Regular application of this ingredient will reduce inflammation and redness caused due to acne.
How to Use Baking Soda for Blackheads?
To make it more effective, you must include other ingredients with baking soda to remove blackheads.
#1 Water and Baking Soda
- Mix 1:1 ratio of baking soda and water in a bowl.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water or expose it to steam.
- Pat dry and gently apply the baking soda paste on the affected part.
- Massage in circular motion to remove blackheads.
- Allow it to dry for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
#2 Honey and Baking Soda
- Mix 1 teaspoon of raw honey, 2 teaspoons salt with 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Now, apply the obtained paste on the face and massage in circular motion.
- Rinse it off after 5-10 minutes.
#3 Toothpaste and Baking Soda
- Expose your face towards steam to open blocked skin pores.
- Pat dry with a clean cloth.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of toothpaste.
- Also add 2 teaspoons of water to make paste like consistency.
- Apply the paste on your face using a soft bristled toothbrush to remove dead cells and excess oil.
- Rinse it off with water after 10 minutes.
#4 Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda
- Mix 1 teaspoons of ACV with 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Apply the paste on prewashed face.
- Allow it to dry for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
#5 Sugar, Lemon and Baking Soda
- Mix 2 tbsp of brown sugar with 2 tbsp of baking soda.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice to it.
- After mixing thoroughly, apply it on prewashed face.
- Rinse it off with water.
Excess use of baking soda and lemon juice may irritate your sensitive skin. So limit its use.