The skin under arms is very sensitive and susceptible to lead some various problems like rashes, pigmentation, infection, ingrown hair, and pimples. There is a lot that can happen in such a small area.
Pigmentation or discoloring can be most common complaints in both men and women. Don’t let your dark underarms stop you from wearing sleeves and favorite clothes.
What Causes of Dark Underarms?
Here there are some causes of dark underarms:
- Shaving cuts the hair off at the surface of your skin. It can itch if a sharp razor is not used. Shaving too much can cause darkening armpit because of the irritation.
- Hyperpigmentation is the most common skin problem among both men and women. It can make the skin darkening and discoloration. This is due to higher than normal levels of melanin.
- Over sweating on underarms can cause bacterial infection. The bacteria Corynebacterium minutissimumwill cause excess sweating, which can cause chronic infection in the deeper layers of the skin.
- Accumulation of dead skin cells on your skin is another reason for the dark
- Friction caused by the tight Underarm area is very sensitive by wearing tight clothes it can cause of discoloring
- Underarms will be dark until and unless you stop smoking.
Having dark armpits may embarrass you when you wear sleeves. Follow below home remedies to get rid of dark underarms.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Underarms
#1 Turmeric for Dark Underarms
Turmeric contains a special pigment that can light and brighten up the skin tone. And it also commonly used for lightening of the skin. Regular applying to underarms has the best result in the lighting of skin.
- Honey (optional)
- Have 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of milk, 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Mix all the ingredients and apply the paste on the underarms.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes, after wash it out with warm water.
Repeat it twice a week to get the best result.
#2 Lemon for Dark Underarms
Lemon is a natural exfoliant and bleach contents. Lemon juice has high citrus acid and it is excellent in underarm bleaching agent.
- Cut the lemon into thick slices and scrub the underarms area with lemon slices for 2-3 minutes.
- Let the lemon juice dry on underarms about 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it out with warm water.
Use this recipe regularly to get the best result.
#3 Cucumber for Dark Underarms
Cucumber is often used for eye bags and to get rid of dark circles. It has soothing effects and is also known to lighten your skin. Cucumber includes vitamin C and caffeic acids that are essential for your skin.
- Take a cucumber and cut it down in two pieces.
- Rub the cucumber slices on the dark armpits for 2-3 minutes.
- Let the juice stay on there about another 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
Use this recipe regular to get the best result.
#4 Sunflower Oil for Dark Underarms
Sunflower oil contains high vitamin E which helps in keeping skin fresh and radiant. It helps in the improvement of blood circulation to the area that applied on.
- Take a few drops of sunflower oil and massage the armpits with sunflower for 1-2 minutes.
- And let the oil stay on there about 15-20 minutes then before rinsing it off with warm water.
Repeat this twice a week for best result.
#5 Potato for Dark Underarms
Potato is packed with natural bleaching and anti-irritant abilities. It also provides instant relief from inflammation and itching triggered due to excess sweat.
- Peel the potato and grate it out.
- Squeeze out the juice from potato.
- Apply directly on the armpits using cotton ball.
- Rinse it out off with warm water after 15 minutes.
Follow this recipe twice a day to get the best result.