A balanced diet is vital during and pregnancy and even while breastfeeding. Most of the pregnant women don’t know what to eat and what not to eat during pregnancy. But, it’s important for your own health and for your baby health to follow healthy diet.
You just need to include foods that provide efficient nutrients, minerals and proteins that are required for your baby growth especially while breastfeeding.
And also remember that smoking and consumption of alcohol during pregnancy will affect your baby’s health.
So, here is the ultimate list of foods for pregnancy and breastfeeding women to follow for healthy growth of your baby.
Foods For Pregnancy And Breastfeeding:
For better understanding and to follow easily, the food is cauterised in to five types:
- Pantry items
- Dinner Items
- Items Ready to freeze
Let’s get deep in to the topic, by seeing what items need to be taken during pregnancy at what time.
#1 Snacks During Healthy Pregnancy:
The followings foods need to be taken as snacks during pregnancy, every meal is quite important to be healthy during this precious period.
- Cut u fresh veggies which include cucumber, broccoli, carrot dip in homemade yogurt.
- fresh cup of yogurt mixed with chia seeds, flax seeds and fresh fruits such as bananas, apples, strawberries, etc.
- Try to eat smoothies every day by adding little amount of raw honey to it.
- Soaked overnight snacks: (Soaked oatmeal, Peanut butter overnight oats, Strawberries overnight oats, Golden milk overnight oats, Blueberry lemon cheesecake overnight oats)
- Homemade energy balls/bites: (No bake peanut butter energy bites, The perfect protein energy balls, No bake coconut energy balls)
- Liver meat balls
- Dry fruits
- Chicken salad or egg salad
- Rice cakes with nut butter, bananas and hemp seeds
- Lemon salted cucumbers
- Cheese sticks
- Kale and arthichoke dip
- Gluten free bagel with cream cheese added with smoked salmon
- Coconut manna with added butter on it
- Deviled eggs with avocado
#2 Pantry Items For Healthy Pregnancy:
All the below items are very simple and easy to do, adding all these items to other dishes in your regular routine will boost your energy.
- Flax seeds- add it to smoothies, salads, dressings, baked goods and as egg substitutes.
- Chia seeds- add it to smoothies, salads, dressings, baked goods and as egg substitutes.
- Apple cider vinegar- for dressings, salads
- Lemon or lemon juice- to glass of warm water, simple alkaline vegetables
- Olive oil- cooking and salad dressings
- Coconut oil mixed with coconut manna
- Dark chocolate to salads, dressings which makes even better taste for any ingredient.
#3 Dinner Ideas For Pregnant And Breastfeeding Women:
Some of the below meal ideas will help you to have your dinner fast.
- Gluten free pasta salad
- Easily baked potatoes by adding sweet in it
- Cheese, sour cream and real butter
- Coconut taco chicken, very easy and yummy!
- Rice and canned refined black beans
- Rotiserrie chicken in crok pot
- Chicken noodle soup in crok pot
- South style green beans and potatoes
- Super simple beef roast
- Frozen veggies
- Lentil stew with boiled potatoes
- Homemade sauerkraut
- Canned salmon patties
- Turkey burger patties
#4 Drinks For Healthy Pregnancy:
Drinks on hand are must to stay hydrated during pregnancy and postpartum, and below drinks will definitely help you to stay hydrated and increases your energy.
- Green tea
- Coconut water
- Raspberry leaf tea
- Nettle tea
- Electrolytes and labour aid
#5 Breastfeeding Items To Freeze:
- 2 quick breads – banana bread without including any added sugar to it.
- Fruit popsicles, such as rehydrating electrolyte popsicles and organge infused nettle ice pops.
- Frozen waffles made with sweet potato and add cha seeds and flax seeds for extra boost.
- Homemade ice cream made with especially fresh coconut milk and ice
- Muffins and granola bars
#6 Foods To Avoid During Pregnancy And Breastfeeding:
You also should aware of some foods need to be completely avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Unpasteurised milk products
- Unpasteurised juices
- Raw fish
- Pre packaged salads
- Precooked packaged meals
- Unpasteurised milk
- Pate, including vegetable pate.
Having a meal plan certainly helps you to be healthy and it’s quite important to have it during pregnancy and while breastfeeding too.