Don’t we all wish to look ravishing from head to toes and turn heads wherever we go even under minimal makeup!
You can actually nail the same by walking down the path of Ayurveda which promotes holistic wellness. Today we are going to talk about four ways of obtaining natural radiance with Ayurvedic self-care rituals.
You can take care of your crowning glory coupled with a myriad mixture of herbs, flowers, coconuts and spices. All of these can be availed either in raw form or as unadulterated Ayurvedic products. Scalp oil is known to promote lustrous and healthy hair apart from warding off cold and flu.
- You can also rub warm oil on the receptive and sensitive scalp regions for enjoying a calming experience.
- This can maintain the serenity of your mind so that the causes of daily stress don’t escalate in the form of hair and skin problems.
- After finger combing the oil throughout your hair cuticles you need to allow a resting time of 15 minutes.
Finally, you can shampoo it off using a mild cleanser and towel dry your tresses to let them shine and bounce away in glory.
You can rejuvenate the tiny muscles surrounding your eyes in the aftermath of extensive driving or computer use.
The Ayurvedic herbal powder triphala is made using bibhitaki, haritaki and amalaki fruits. This helps in purifying blood and supporting the ophthalmic eye muscles and nerves.
The triphala infusion can be prepared by boiling a teaspoon of triphala powder in one cup of water over a span of ten minutes.
Next you will have to allow a cooling time to this mixture before straining it thoroughly. After washing you face using cold water, you can bathe each open eye by cupping your palm with the cool triphala thrice.
Next you need to rinse your face thoroughly and pat dry. Organically grown cucumber slices, rose petals and cilantro leaves can be layered over each eye.
- You can also create a loose blindfold by placing a cotton pad over your eyes and tying a bandana around.
- You can apply dark kajal after washing your eyes. Kajal is known to sharpen our vision by reducing the glare of bright sunlight and encouraging the darkness of eyelashes.
- A kajal having Ayurvedic herbal formulation usually consists of flower extracts and almond oil which can strengthen and nourish the surrounding tissues.
Our face often mirrors our physical, emotional and mental status given its constant connection with the worldly energies. You can maintain a beautiful glow on your face by opting for a revitalising flaxseed facial.
For this, you will have to grind flaxseeds and use its facial paste for treating all skin ailments from the core. The concentrated essential fatty acids present in flaxseed tends to protect and moisturize skin. The texture of its hulls cleans away sweat, dirt and excess oil.
- You need to apply a thin layer of ground flaxseed paste on your skin by massaging it in circular motions.
- Some extra time should be imparted for scrubbing rough or oily areas. You can finish it off by rinsing the face pack using lukewarm or cool water.
- Next you can apply a turmeric-yogurt mask for benefitting out of its healing benefits.
- This nourishing mask can be prepared by mixing 1/3rd teaspoon honey with 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and a pinch of turmeric powder.
This mask should be given a resting time of 10 minutes while you lie down and take deep breaths. Such an action can release the tension you might be accidentally holding in your forehead and jaw.
You can finish off the facial routine by rinsing your face using cool water and patting it dry. Aromatherapy facial spray like rosewater can be spritzed on your face followed by the application of a hydrating serum or moisturizer.
Lastly, you can seal in the good effects by using your hands to pat your damp face.
A good foot massage can make our inner beauty shine through by brightening up the face and relieving eye strain. The subtle energy pathways which flow between the lower and upper parts of your body can be reintegrated by holding and massaging your feet gently.
A well-massaged foot imparts a much more relaxed and stable foundation while standing on the ground. Well-oiled feet also reduce chances of bacterial and fungal infection by keeping it protected from peeling and cracking.
- You can mix a tablespoon of honey with fresh rose petals and dried lavender with cool water. Soaking your feet in the same can impart a rejuvenating feel.
- Alternatively, you can also mix one teaspoon of ginger powder with lukewarm water and place your feet inside the same. This magical mixture is known to increase blood circulation.
- You can also soak your feet in a tub filled with warm water and three tablespoons of Epsom salt for every gallon.
- This can be of great help in alleviating fatigue and reducing all chances of swelling. You need to keep your foot submerged in any of the mixtures mentioned above for a maximum of ten minutes before patting them dry.
Now you will have to massage your foot in circular motion around the ankle using olive, sesame or coconut oil. The small spaces in between the toes also need to be massaged by pinching the webbing between your thumb and finger.
Once you are done with massaging, you need to rinse your feet using warm water and slip on a pair of clean cotton socks.
Ayurveda is an extremely old medical practice which originated in India about three thousand years back.
In spite of its ancient origin, it has evolved into a dominant medical practice in India. The long drawn process of Ayurveda requires optimum dedication for ushering in holistic wellness and natural beauty.