If laziness if the only reason to avoid facial, I’ve plenty of reasons to exfoliate your skin. Beauty experts say that you must exfoliate your skin twice a week.
What? I’ve no time to make my own face scrub.
Hold on, cornmeal face scrub is an exception. It takes no more than few minutes to make this innate remedy.
Why it’s Important to Exfoliate Your Skin?
Increased pollutants around you and regular shedding of dead cells by your skin may result in blackheads.
- Exfoliating enables deep cleansing and thus thwarts impurities.
- Apart from that regular massaging will improve blood circulation and therefore make you look much younger.
- Face scrubs help to get rid of excess sebum accumulation over the skin.
- There are few home available ingredients that can help to remove ingrown hair. (1)
Homemade Cornmeal Face Scrub
Those who don’t know, cornmeal is obtained by grinding dry maize. People in US call powdered maize as corn flour.
There are different ways you can use this natural ingredient.
Excellent thing is that there are no side-effects. Anyway, other ingredients you may use with this facial scrub may irritate your skin.
Assorted nutrients like vitamin B6, A, C and selenium are housed in this home available ingredient, which can enhance collagen production, reduce wrinkles, treat ailments and overall help you obtain a flawless skin.
#1 Honey and Cornmeal Face Scrub
Moisturizing, healing and antibacterial agents residing in raw honey are renowned.
They hydrate your skin, thwart infectious germs, fasten the healing and of all this it can effectively exfoliate your face.
Anti-inflammatory ability of honey can reduce ailments like acne and eczema.
- Take ½ tablespoon of cornmeal and add 1 tablespoon of raw honey to it.
- You can add distilled water to obtain paste like consistency.
- Apply the face scrub over the skin gently in circular motion.
- After gentle massage leave it for few minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.
Try this homemade facial scrub of cornmeal and honey twice or once in a week.
#2 Oats and Cornmeal Facial Scrub
You can’t expect a facial scrub without oatmeal. Prominent for it’s exfoliating, cleansing and moisturizing properties oats can make your skin soft.
- Grind ½ cup of oats with mortar & pestle.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cornmeal to the powdered oats.
- Now add required amount of distilled water or plain milk to form smooth paste.
- You can also mix this oatmeal and cornmeal mixture with your favorite exfoliating cream.
#3 Apple Cider Vinegar and Cornmeal
Apple cider vinegar can be used in many ways. It is packed with medicinal and cosmetic properties.
Bleaching property in this ingredient will help to obtain radiant skin.
To treat ailments like acne, blend required amount of cornmeal with ACV and apply it over the face.
Be gentle, avoid pressure or being aggressive. Acne lesions may burst and leave large scars on the skin.
You can use cornmeal face scrub on whole body. Honey and cornmeal are my favorite ingredient let me know yours.