Our hair follicles tend to get clogged with time due to pollution, excess oil secretion and similar other factors. These are infamous for causing dandruff and severe itching which ultimately leads to hair fall. Today we are going to discuss about the role of Curry leaves in treating all hair woes like an absolute boss.
Curry leaves can yield great results on our digestive system by controlling cholesterol and preventing diarrhoea. These versatile greens can also add aroma, flavour and taste to your favorite dishes.
Benefits Of Curry Leaves
- Curry leaves help in retaining the natural prowess of our hair by unblocking hair follicles.
- They are rich in beta-carotene and protein which assists in fighting all problems of hair loss.
- Curry leaves are stacked with anti-oxidants which foster hair growth.
- They also have high content of Vitamin B which as we all know promotes hair growth by strengthening our roots.
- Can repair hair texture when included in your regular hair treatment regime.
- Vitamin B6 in curry leaves act as a hormone regulator and renders adequate protection to both hair shafts and roots.
- Curry leaves can improve the tensile strength and elasticity of your hair. You can use it along with coconut oil for imparting adequate nourishment and hydration to your dull and damaged hair.
- Product build-up can lead to scalp irritation by forming a thick layer under the cuticles. It leads to hair frizz which is infamous for breakage and tangling. You can opt for curry leaves in such a scenario to cater to the nourishment meter of your hair in an organic manner.
How to Use To Use Curry Leaves In Your Daily Haircare Routine
#1 In Your Daily Diet
What you consume internally can also have a significant role to play in determining your hair texture. You can add some powdered curry leaves to stews or rice.
It can also be consumed along with buttermilk and finely shredded mint leaves. You are bound to feel delighted after infusing curry leaves into your regular diet as your hair slowly grows thicker, stronger and shinier.
#2 As Tea
Surprisingly, you can make tea with curry leaves by boiling it along with lime, water and sugar. It is advisable to have this tea regularly for about two weeks for best results.
#3 As A Hair Mask
A hair mask made using 3-4 tablespoons of yogurt and a handful of curry leaves can improve your overall hair texture by locking moisture. This mask should be gently massaged onto your scalp by covering every single strand of hair ranging from its roots to tips.
You will have to leave it on for about 30 minutes before being rinsed off with a mild shampoo. Yogurt as we all know is an excellent hydrating scalp cleanser as it removes dandruff and dead cells from your scalp.
You are thus left with soft and fresh hair. Follicle health also improves as the essential nutrients in curry leaves flush out all impurities from your scalp while preventing premature greying.
#4 As A Hair Oil
A hair oil made using curry leaves packs in all the essential nutrients which can improve your overall hair health by penetrating deep inside your scalp.
You can prepare this oil by mixing 4-5 curry leaves in a cup of coconut oil and heat the same until a black residue is developed. After cooling down and straining this mixture, you can apply it for 2-3 times weekly for best results.
#5 As A Hair Tonic
You can apply a curry leaves tonic regularly can distribute all essential nutrients on your scalp which in turn will improve your hair texture. For this, you will have to mix together 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil with a handful of fresh curry leaves and boil the same until black residue stars forming around its leaves.
After cooling down the mixture, you will have to strain the same for being applied to your hair. This oil has to be massaged gently using your fingertips on your scalp.
You need to concentrate the most on the tips and roots of your hair and leave it on for about an hour before being rinsed off using shampoo. While coconut oil moisturizes and nourishes your hair, the Vitamin B6 content of curry leaves curb hair loss problems by strengthening hair roots.
This tonic should be massaged for about 2-3 times a week prior to each wash and you can see significant results within just a month’s time.
Fighting hair fall definitely seems like a daunting task. However, you can win over the same with the right solution at your disposal. All you need are some simple ingredients which in most of the cases can be found in the kitchen itself for restoring your lifeless hair to its former glory.