Statistics reveal that obesity increased by 30% in most US states. Every year this percentage is growing exponentially. Due to lack of knowledge, obese people are starving themselves to shed weight, but in vain.
Instead, there are many natural remedies that can help you to slim down. This write-up is about using green tea for weight loss.
Benefits of Green Tea
- According to a report, caffeine present in tea leaves can effectively burn fat and antioxidants residing in the tea can improve metabolism.
- Ingesting green tea will increase levels of hormones that can break fat cells and then release it into blood stream.
- Drink green tea and doing regular exercise will help to burn fat and increase your metabolism rate. There are many studies to back this claim.
- Antioxidants available in this beverage can help you fat especially abdominal fat.
Though media exaggerated its benefits for weight loss, health experts say that green tea consumption has modest effect when coming to lose pounds. However, every inch is progress when shedding weight.
Apart this, green tea benefits aren’t just confined to weight loss. This herbal drink can improve your overall health like your skin texture, reducing acne and cardiovascular issues.
How to Use Green Tea for Weight Loss?
Experts at University of Maryland Medical Center recommend consuming 2-3 cups of green tea per day.
You shouldn’t overheat while brewing green tea; this will damage active compounds beneficial for your health.
- Start by boiling water in a bowl.
- When it starts to boil, allow it to settle for 5-10 minutes.
- Now, add green tea powder or leaves and brew for few minutes.
- Add honey or sugar depending on your taste.
You can add few drops of lemon or small parts of ginger to make it more delicious.
Matcha green tea is said to be more nutritious than other forms. Instead of adding sugar cubes its best if you add raw honey.
If you don’t like hot tea, you can prefer smoothie.
Just add green tea powder to your favorite smoothies. Below listed are few suggestions to add this herbal tea to your diet.
- Avocado and green tea smoothie
- Lemon, ginger and green tea
- Green tea baked goods