Earwax produced by our ears protect the ear canal from infection and water. However, instances are not rare when our body starts manufacturing excess ear wax than the actual requirement.
In extreme cases, earwax build-up has been associated with hearing loss, excruciating pain and discomfort in your ear lobes. Hence if you have been lately suffering from any of the following, then it’s time to seek out the advice of experts.
Today we are going to discuss about the role of hydrogen peroxide in assisting with the earwax removal process. Various research studies have hinted at the efficacy of hydrogen peroxide in serving as a potent ingredient of earwax removing solutions.
Advantages Of Hydrogen Peroxide
- It is used to bring relief to sore throat.
- Disinfects and cleans small cuts.
- Keeps your skin hydrated with its antibacterial properties.
- Helps in getting rid of canker sores.
- Its antifungal properties help in eliminating bad breath.
- Manages various symptoms of common cold and flu.
- Used to clean out ear wax and get rid of ear infections.
- Acts as the nemesis of sinus causing bacteria.
- Can detoxify your body for treating infections in the lower part such as STDs.
- Significantly reduces toothache with limited use.
- Can be mixed with baking soda for acting as a toothpaste.
- Can treat bacteria and germs causing gingivitis.
- Can soften the calluses and corn on your feet,
Working Mechanism Of Hydrogen Peroxide Drops
Hydrogen peroxide can penetrate inside your ear wax for accentuating its break up process. This causes some of the wax to get washed out and thereby softens the rest of the ear wax.
How to Use Use Hydrogen Peroxide For Clearing Ear Wax?
For cleaning your ear, you will primarily require a cloth and a fresh towel. This will catch the liquid once you are done with the entire process. Having an eye dropper for introducing the liquid inside your ear canal can also assist substantially in this process.
- Firstly, you will be required to lie down on your side by placing your problematic ear at the top side.
- Next you will need to fill in the eyedropper with about 10ml of the solution for being gently introduced to your ear canal. You will hear fizzing and popping sounds once the solution enters inside your ear canal. This will slowly fade as the solution starts showcasing its functionality.
- You need to keep lied down for about a stretch of twenty minutes which is enough for the solution to penetrate through the wax barrier.
- Finally, you will have to come back to a seated posture by placing the cloth on your ear. This prevents the solution from draining out. With luck, the flowing solution will bring along broken ear wax particles. You can repeat the same process with the other ear for cleansing the same of excess earwax build-up.
Things To Keep In Mind While Administering The Hydrogen Peroxide Solution
- Either hydrogen peroxide or ear drops containing the same might not serve you well if you have a perforated eardrum.
- Eardrops should also be avoided if you are suffering from some sort of ear injury.
- Professional help needs to be sought out if the ear wax seems excessively lodged.
- A foreign object should not be stuck inside your ear for removing the wax as that can actually make matters worse.
The normal earwax production is just enough for protecting our ear from the onslaught of different infections. However, excess deposition of wax can lead to a lot of health issues. In most of the cases, ear wax comes out of your ears naturally.
But if you feel that your ear wax has hardened, then you need to readily consult a medical expert. He can guide you towards the best treatment plan.