Thyroid gland disorder is a very common health problem especially affecting the females. People get a lot of different types of treatment for thyroid problems but are unable to get a permanent solution. Numerous home remedies can be extremely helpful to treat thyroid disease, and one of them is onion.
Yes! This very common vegetable can be a boon for the people suffering from problems related to the thyroid gland. In this write-up, we are going to discuss the effectiveness of onion in problems related to the thyroid gland.
What Causes and symptoms of thyroid disease?
There are numerous reasons factors and conditions responsible for thyroid related problems. They include deficiency of iodine, inflammation of thyroid, nodules, or lumps inside the thyroid gland, and numerous genetic disorders. Whatever is the reason for a thyroid problem, onion can be a great option as a home remedy.
Some major symptoms associated to thyroid disease are nervousness, poor attention and concentration, irritability, intolerance to heat and rise in atmospheric temperature, constant changes in bowel habits, the thinness of skin, brittle hair, abnormal increase in appetite, fatigue, increase palpitation, and enlargement of thyroid gland, etc.
Why onion is very effective for thyroid problems:
This simple and common ingredient is a complete remedy for numerous health-related issues including thyroid problems. It contains very few amounts of fat and proteins, but a great source of carbohydrates.
Onion also contains a lot of vitamins and minerals and is known for providing vitamins like B1, B2, C, P, and K. Besides; it also gives your body minerals like potassium and sulfur. Phosphoric acid of onion is very good for the bloodstream. All these properties of onion make it a wonderful home remedy for thyroid disease.
The composition of onion:
Onion contains quercetin as its active ingredient and is known as a flavonoid. Quercetin is responsible for detoxifying the skin by eliminating unnecessary products and impurities. In addition, the phytochemicals found in onion-like disulfides, trisulfides, cepaene, and vinyldithins are known for very powerful antimicrobial properties and can keep microbes away from your body.
The process to use onion for thyroid disease:
- Take a big sized onion and cut into half.
- Take out the juice properly.
- Take a slice of onion and rub on the whole neck area.
- Rub continuously and slowly in a circular motion by gentle massage.
- Don’t forget to provide the massage on thyroid gland as well.
- Keep it on for the whole night.
- The onion smell might be unpleasant for you, but it will give you the benefit.
- Get proper sleep and allow the onion juice to act on the thyroid gland.
- Repeat the process on every second night for a couple of weeks.
- The onion will stimulate and improve the functionality of thyroid gland.
This simple and unbelievably affordable remedy do wonder in case of thyroid problem! It’s not only magically effective, but it is also very easily available in almost every kitchen. All you need to do is to make some efforts to treat your thyroid problems with a slice of onion.
Other way of using onion in thyroid problem:
#1 Onion gargle:
If you are annoyed with thyroid problems for very long, this simple onion gargle can also be very effective.
- Extract a little amount of a couple of fresh onions. You can use a juicer to get the onion juice.
- Add the onion juice to a cup of warm water.
- Now gargle with the juice at least 3 to 4 times a day for 10 to 15 days.
- It will not only subside the thyroid symptom, but it will also improve the inflammation and infection of the throat.
Conclusion & Disclaimer
It is all about thyroid problems, some causes, and symptoms associated with it. We hope you understood why onion is a very effective home remedy for thyroid problems.
Use onion as we have discussed above to reduce the thyroid problems. Hope you have found the article helpful to learn about the importance and benefits of onion. If the problems associated with thyroid do not subside, don’t waste time and consult your physician. If the onion is not proving effective in thyroid, you must have to get proper treatment from a qualified physician.