A lot of different products are available in the market for skin whitening, and sometimes it can be very confusing to choose the right and most suitable one. But you can’t ignore the importance of natural ingredients and their effectiveness especially when it is about lightening the skin.
Coconut oil is one such natural ingredient used in so many skin and beauty products due to its all-round skin friendly properties. Skin benefits of coconut oil can surprise you if you are considering it as an ordinary oil. Here are a few amazing benefits of coconut oil for skin.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
Nourishes the skin:
Coconut oil is packed with a decent amount of fatty acids, and it nourishes the skin perfectly. Inflammation of the skin due to fungi, bacteria, and other microbes is the reason for dullness and darkness of your skin. Coconut oil provides the much-needed nourishment by immunizing your skin without any strong reaction.
An excellent moisturizer:
You are continuously surrounded by harmful substances and agents that can cause dryness of the skin. Continuous usage of coconut oil combats the dryness and keeps your skin moisturized and hydrated.
Improves the tonicity of skin:
Premature, uneven tonicity of the skin is one of the most common problems especially for women. Instead of using various creams and lotions, it is great to rely only on the magical coconut oil. It is full of vitamin A and E and assists you to get back the normal tonicity of the skin.
Abnormal darkness of the skin is directly associated with the accumulation of the impurities under the skin layers. Coconut oil works as a very powerful cleanser. It penetrates the skin very easily and removes all the unwanted agents from the skin. By doing so, it quickly heals the inflammation from the inside and makes your skin bright and clean.
These should be enough reasons, why coconut oil is one of the best natural oils for your skin. Let’s know a bit about how to use it to get the best results.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Skin Whitening?
#1 Only coconut oil:
Using coconut oil alone can be very effective if you are looking to lighten your skin. We have already discussed a few benefits of coconut oil. Here is a very simple method.
- Take 100% cold-pressed organic oil.
- Put enough oil on your palms and rub it properly for a few seconds.
- Apply properly on affected part(s) and massage gently for a couple of minutes.
- Leave it for a few hours or apply before going to bed.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry with soft clothes.
- You can follow these steps every day until you get the light and bright skin.
#2 Coconut oil with lemon juice:
Using coconut oil with lemon is an excellent way to increase its effectiveness. The emulsion of coconut oil and lemon juice works as a wonderful lotion that will give you lighter and clearer skin in very quick time.
Preparation and execution:
- Take 2 tbsp. fresh virgin coconut oil and add 10 drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Mix both coconut oil and lemon juice properly using a spoon.
- Apply the lotion on the uneven area of the skin.
- Leave it for 20 minutes before washing with lukewarm water.
- Use the lotion daily for a few weeks to get the best results.
#3 Coconut oil with turmeric:
Combining coconut oil with turmeric gives you a great paste especially for the face. Turmeric is known for its powerful skin whitening and cleaning properties, and it will work wonderfully with coconut oil. Addition of honey makes this combination more effective.
Preparation and application:
- Take one tbsp. coconut oil, one-fourth tbsp. of turmeric powder, one tbsp. raw honey, and one tbsp. flour powder.
- Mix all the ingredients to prepare a fine paste.
- Apply on the face as a mask and leave for a couple of hours.
- Add 10-12 drops of rose water in lukewarm water, and wash the face gently.
- You can apply rose water after face wash as a moisturizer as well.
- Keep repeating the process to restore the tonicity of your skin.
#4 Coconut oil with grapeseed or sandalwood oil:
Using either grapeseed oil or sandalwood oil with coconut oil is a great idea especially if you have dark circles under the eyes. Both grapeseed and sandalwood oils are great sources of vitamin E and can heal your skin very quickly.
How to prepare and apply:
- Mix equal amounts of coconut oil and sandalwood or grapeseed oil.
- Apply directly on the affected part(s) using a cotton plug.
- Keep it wearing for half an hour and then wash off with clean water.
- Apply a gentle moisturizer.
- Follow the steps for 4 to 5 weeks or until you get even and clear skin.
Coconut oil is not less than a gift from nature. You can use it in plenty of different ways to get even and fair skin. You can go with any of these methods according to your choice and comfort. So, why are you still waiting? Get high-quality virgin coconut oil and use it as you want.