Luxurious long and healthy hair is something that is important for the physical characteristics of most people. Hair loss, dull and damaged hair and slow growth of hair are some of the major problems that most women and even men have to deal with, especially with age.
There are many store brought conditioners, shampoos, and creams for hair growth but these products have chemicals which are not that great for the hair or scalp in the long run. Onion oil for hair growth is a tried and tested home remedy and formula that works wonder for hair growth.
How to Use Onion Oil for Hair Growth
- It is very easy to make onion oil at home. The first step is to take regular coconut oil and place a jar full on to a pan of heat. Instead of using coconut oil any other oil like olive oil that penetrates the scalp can be also used in this process.
- Take two to three onions and chopped them finely and then add the onions to the oil. Along with the onions, some other supplementary ingredients can also be added that help with hair growth.
- These ingredients include different types of essential oils, finely chopped garlic or even finely chopped curry leaves. Bring the entire mixture to a boil and keep it on simmer till all the essence of the ingredients enters the oil. Take it off the heat, strain it and let it cool down.
- Apply this onion oil regularly to the hair and leave it for a few hours before washing it off with a mild shampoo conditioner. This hair oil is easy to use and is very beneficial for hair growth.
Benefits of Onion Oil for Hair Growth
- Alopecia is a major problem for men and women all over the world. Onion oil is extremely beneficial for the treatment of alopecia as it strengthens the roots of the hair and also aides in hair growth.
- The follicles of the hair are nourished using onion oil and it also improves and stimulates the overall health of the scalp. This, in turn, is extremely beneficial for hair growth. Onion oil penetrates through the scalp and a gentle massage using this oil also helps in improving the blood circulation of the scalp which in turn helps hair growth.
- A major reason for hair loss is scalp infections, dandruff and bacteria. Onion oil has antibacterial properties which help get rid of dandruff, and other bacteria that form on the scalp. This helps in hair growth as all these factors on the scalp damage hair and cause hair loss. Onion oil is a great solution against dandruff and bacteria formation in the hair.
- Onion oil has sulphur in it which stops the breakage and thinning of the hair. Split ends cause hair to be limp, damaged and unhealthy. Hair cannot grow with split ends and regularly getting split ends in the hair is a problem. Onion oil fights split ends in the hair and hence helps with hair growth.
- Onion Oil not just helps with hair growth but also improves the overall health of the hair. The antioxidants in onions stop premature graying of hair, and the onion in the oil also helps people maintain healthy, shiny, voluminous and long hair.
Natural remedies like onion oil are an affordable, easy to use and practical solution for hair growth. Thinning of hair or baldness is a major issue for many people and they spend a lot of money on creams and expensive products from the market.
Onion oil is easy to make can be stored easily at home for regular use. This is a good solution for hair growth that can be easily used at home.