Suffering from neck pain can be terribly annoying and can significantly disturb your normal routine. This annoying and disturbing pain can even make the simplest of tasks like climbing the straight mountains. The major problem associated with neck pain is, most of the people especially females don’t know the exact cause of neck pain. So, before heading towards some extremely effective home remedies for neck pain, let’s take a look at possible causes of it.
Possible causes of neck pain:
Although neck pain can affect different persons due to different reasons, we are enlisting a few common causes of them. Wrong sleep posture is one of the major factors responsible for nagging pain of the neck. The wrong posture also includes sleeping with a hard or wrong sized pillow.
Some other common reasons for neck ache are stress, tension, a neck injury, long-lasted leaning, and lying on excessively soft mattress etc. If you are feeling pain on the neck region due to some serious injury, you must have to consult your doctor before starting any treatment. Otherwise, you can follow any of the below-mentioned home remedies to get rid of neck pain.
#1 Essential oils mixture for neck pain:
All the oils used in this recipe are known for excellent benefits on your body. For example, peppermint oil is known for its soothing effects and can relieve the pain by penetrating the muscles. Lavender oil gives your mind the much needed to relax and calmness. While antispasmodic and analgesic properties of basil oil will effectively reduce the pain of any kind.
- Take equal drops of peppermint, lavender, and basil essential oils
- Mix all these essential oils properly.
- Use this blend of essential oils for gentle massage on the neck.
#2 Apple cider vinegar for neck pain:
Apple cider vinegar contains a plethora of health benefits. Using it to heal the neck pain can be an unerring method. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidants agents of ACV are more than effective to reduce the stress and hence pain on the neck muscles.
- Soak a high-quality clean napkin in a little amount of ACV.
- Place the napkin on your neck and cover with a soft cotton cloth.
- Leave for half an hour and then take a bath.
- You can repeat the method twice in the day until you get proper relief.
#3 Ice pack for neck pain:
Cold application with an ice pack will reduce the inflammation on the neck region and will reduce the pain very quickly.
- Take a handful of ice cubes or crush a large piece of ice into smaller ones.
- Put the ice cubes inside a clean towel and apply on the pain region.
- You can also use the readymade ice pack for the application.
- Keep the ice pack on the neck for a couple of minutes and repeat it four to five times a day.
#4 Epsom salt for neck pain:
Sulfate and magnesium contents of Epsom salt are known for numerous actions on the body including regulation of necessary enzymes, improving blood circulation, managing muscles stress and tension etc. Epsom salt can also be a good option to relieve neck pain.
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt in the bathtub filled three-fourths with water.
- Soak your body for about 30 minutes twice a day.
#5 Vitamins for neck pain:
Proper intake of vitamins can make a huge difference. Deficiency of vitamins in your body can maintain the proper functioning of your body. Take vitamins like vitamin D, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, and Magnesium etc. as per the directions of your physician and get the much-needed relief from neck pain. Always consult your doctor before starting the course of any vitamin.