Acne is a very general but worst skin conditions affecting the females majorly. It is one of the most prominent signs of your bad health and can make your facial skin ugly and unappealing.
Most of the people suffering from acne are always in search of some effective as well as safe remedies. If you are one of them, you are in the right place. Today, we have a very effective and quick acting remedy for you. Have a look at hydrogen peroxide and how it can be very helpful for you to remove acne.
What causes acne?
Your skin continuously produces the natural oil called sebum to keep the superficial layer of the skin healthy and moisturized. When there is excess production of acne due to any reason, your skin pores are clogged with bacteria and dead skin cells. Within a few days of accumulation of these skin cells and bacteria, the pores are converted into acne.
Why hydrogen peroxide for acne?
Hydrogen peroxide contains a lot of oxygen atoms. When it is applied to the skin affecting with acne, it loses its extra oxygen atom and causes discomfort for bacteria by creating unfavorable conditions for growth. The hydrogen peroxide reacts very quickly to kill the bacteria and give your skin enough time to heal.
Hydrogen peroxide is also a powerful exfoliator and peels the dead skin exposing the healthier and newer skin. Further, it also dries out the excess oil on the skin and stops the extra breakout of cells. Hydrogen peroxide is an excellent solution for acne, but its overuse or improper use can also damage your healthy skin. Find out a few smart uses of hydrogen peroxide in acne.
How to Use Hydrogen peroxide to Treat Acne?
You can use diluted hydrogen peroxide in different ways, but you’ll have to be extra careful during its application, as it’s improper or overuse can damage your skin badly. Here are a few effective recipes for acne treatment with hydrogen peroxide.
#1 3% Hydrogen peroxide:
As we have already discussed the benefits of hydrogen peroxide, so here we are discussing the recipe only.
- Wash your face properly using a facial cleanser and pat dry.
- Dip the cotton ball in 3% hydrogen peroxide and leave for a few seconds.
- Gently dab on the parts affected with acne and leave for about 5 minutes.
- Erase the mixture from your face using fresh water and pat dry with a towel.
- Moisturize your skin using a non-comedogenic moisturizer.
- Repeat it at least twice or thrice in a week.
#2 Hydrogen peroxide with baking soda:
Hydrogen peroxide will act on the acne, and baking soda will maintain the pH level of your skin. Baking soda itself is a wonderful treatment for acne, and using it with hydrogen peroxide will erase all the acne in a few weeks.
- Use a facial cleanser for the proper cleaning of your face.
- Mix 1 tbsp. baking soda and 1 tbsp. hydrogen peroxide in a glass bowl.
- Stir the mixture properly using a wooden or plastic spoon until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your face, but remember it isn’t even close to the eyes.
- Keep it on for 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture using fresh water and pat dry.
- Use a non-comedogenic moisturizer to moisturize your skin.
- Follow the procedure only once in a week.
#3 Hydrogen peroxide with tee tree oil:
Thanks to its antibacterial properties, tee tree oil becomes a potent option for acne after combining with hydrogen peroxide.
- Apply the facial cleanser for cleaning your face and pat dry.
- Combine 1 tbsp. 3% hydrogen peroxide and 1 tbsp. tee tree oil.
- Mix both the ingredients properly using a wooden or plastic spoon.
- Cover your face with the solution, but keep it away from your eyes.
- Leave it on the face for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Clean your face again with cold water and pat dry with a towel.
- Again, use non-comedogenic moisturizer for moisturizing the skin.
- Repeat it one or two times a week.
To sum it up:
That’s all about hydrogen peroxide as an option for acne treatment. Get rid of acne in a few weeks by following these simple methods. Always remember, hydrogen peroxide is a very powerful chemical, so never even think about using it when it is in its pure form. Only 3% diluted hydrogen peroxide is ideal for your skin.