PCOS (a polycystic ovarian syndrome) is a hormonal imbalance that happens in women of reproductive age, which leads to small ulcers in the ovaries, excess androgen production, insulin resistance, facial hair, depression, anxiety, diabetes, and infertility.
A source of protein, fruits and vegetables plus a whole grain carbohydrate and diet with fat will help you stay full for longer. If any women with PCOS or anyone struggles to keep a healthy weight, taking fuel at a well-planned meal and breakfast can help prevent you from overeating at or after meals. Choose only whole grain sources of carbohydrates versus sources of carbohydrates that refined that often made from the white flour.
The whole grain is essential for us because they are high in fibre and not affect the blood sugar levels too. Try to avoid such fried like chicken fry, fish sticks and many more fried foods when you choose proteins. Try to avoid some sauces too because it contains too much sugar. Be sure to check the nutrition facts label or make your sauce rather than buying from the market.
Benefits of Snacking
Ladies with PCOS must eat throughout the day. This can reduce cravings and offers you energy, also helps stop low blood sugar. Eat each three to five hours and embody some style of lean macromolecule or fat with every meal or breakfast.
Preparation is essential to creating thriving food decisions. However, it’s not as troublesome as you think that. If you recognize you get hungry within the afternoon or get across ravenous and desperate to eat more and more, then snacks will help you in this.
On Mondays, attempt to bring enough snacks for the whole week; this way you will not have to be compelled with anything else to remember it. On weekends spend some time washing and cutting vegetables or fruit too, also place them in individual containers in acceptable portion sizes.
5 PCOS Friendly Snacks
Tomato and Mozzarella Pockets
- Take two whole wheat pita bread pounds and cut them in half to make four pockets then warm up the two pita pockets.
- Take two ripe chopped tomatoes, four-piece of part-skim mozzarella cheese, one minced garlic clove and one cup of fresh basil chopped leaves in a bowl.
- Next, sprinkle it with salt and pepper for good taste and add olive oil in it.
- Lastly, Keep all the ingredients in a pita pocket and enjoy it.
Grilled Salmon with Basil
- Take a bowl, mix two tablespoon juice, olive oil, and one tablespoon fresh basil also brush on the surface each side of salmon.
- Grill it for 10 minutes at a medium temperature and tested it with a fork that fish flaked reached an internal temperature of 145ºF.
- Serve it with four lemon wedges and enjoy.
Chicken Stir Fry
- Take three cups of brown rice and cooked it well.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the oil in an exceedingly large pan and sauté the six boneless chickens; once roast, keep the chicken aside.
- Take two minced cloves garlic, two large chopped onions, two diced the large bell pepper and Sauté it for concerning five minutes, then add the one sliced carrot and one cup florets broccoli and sauté some minutes. Additional, until the broccoli is hot however not wilted.
- Add chicken back to the frying pan, garnish it with salt and pepper as accordingly your taste.
- Lastly, serve it with hot brown rice with the chicken mixture on it and enjoy.
Black and Blue Berry Smoothie
- Take two cups of both blackberries or blueberries, one cup of plain Greek yogurt, one cup of milk, one teaspoon of vanilla extract and lastly two cups ice, place all into a blender.
- Blend until it becomes smooth and foamy, serve immediately and enjoy.
What Snacks should I Choose?
Fruit and vegetable group foods are healthier snacks and best for you because they are high in fiber and are full of nutrients. Try to take high fiber foods and mix them with super molecule foods. For instance, attempt associate apple or celery with spread, whole wheat crackers and cheese, whole wheat pocket bread or carrots and hummus, or dairy product too.