Having breakouts on the chin is not something abnormal or strange, but if you notice breakouts more frequently, you should take them a little seriously. Just a little! There is nothing dangerous about having pimples and other breakouts on the chin.
But you should think about some natural ways of getting rid of them. Here is everything you would want to know about regular breakouts in the chin.
Some common types of breakouts noticed on the chin:
Acne is a very common skin breakout affecting a large number of people all over the world. There are different types of acne breakouts including whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pustules or pimples, cysts and nodules etc.
Major causes of regular acne breakouts.
It is pretty hard to find the separate cause(s) of each type of breakout. That’s why we are trying to underline the causes of only the breakouts in common.
Acnes on the chin are not very different than the acnes of different parts like face, neck, chest or back. Some possible causes are:
- Excessive skin oil: The major reason for these acne breakouts is the excessive oil under the skin. The excessive oil traps the dead skin, debris, and bacteria etc. in the skin pores and causes different types of breakouts.
- Hormonal changes: Acne or breakouts on the chin also result from the fluctuation of the hormones. Breakouts caused by the hormonal changes are primarily noticed in the females and teenagers, as both of them tend to go through some extreme hormonal changes.
How hormones cause acne breakouts?
Androgens are the hormones chiefly responsible for controlling the secretion of sebum. Sebum oil is known for its actions on pores, excessive secretion of which can cause clogging of pores and hence may result in pimples and other types of skin breakouts. Since there is extreme fluctuation of hormones in females as well as in teenagers, these breakouts are considered very normal in both.
Why are these breakouts not good?
Although it is completely okay to have these skin breakouts, it can be a reason for self-consciousness and self-perseverance. Every human is of a different nature and mindset. Some people, especially ladies, are very conscious about their looks and personalities.
According to a study of the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, adult females having regular skin breakouts may go on to suffer from mild to moderate symptoms of anxiety and depression. As a result, they are sometimes unable to concentrate on their daily life, and that can be very unhealthy, especially if not given proper attention.
Some underlying conditions causing breakouts on the chin:
In some cases, some people may have breakouts like ingrown hairs or rosacea on the chin.
One of the major reasons for ingrown hairs is shaving. And males are naturally more susceptible to ingrown hairs on the chin.
On the other hand, rosacea is a common skin condition characterized by the visible blood vessels causing noticeable redness. In a few cases, rosacea can cause bumps on the skin filled with pus. These bumps may look like pimples.
How to treat frequent breakouts on the chin?
- Wash your face with mild detergent containing salicylic acid.
- Apply an ice pack for a few minutes to reduce the redness.
- Apply an ointment or cream containing benzoyl peroxide.
- Avoid popping or picking the acnes.
- Extraction and draining if there are cysts.
- Chemical peels.
Chin breakouts are very common, and you should not get worried, especially if you are a female or a teenager. Your body keeps going through a lot of hormonal changes that result in different types of skin breakouts. However, if you get these breakouts more frequently than you expect, you can opt for a suitable treatment.