Having dark underarms is not something serious health issue, but for some people, it can be a reason for embarrassment. If you have dark underarms, you think numerous times before wearing sleeveless tops, sports suits, bathing suits, etc. especially in public. You may start feeling underconfident about your look and appearance.
But here is an excellent solution for you! Here we are sharing with you a very natural, yet so powerful trick to improve dark underarms. The best part is, you have to use two natural ingredients for this combination – lemon juice and baking soda.
What causes dark underarms?
Before knowing more about the recipe, let’s talk about a few causes of dark underarms.
You may have dark underarms due to:
- Regular shaving of your armpits.
- Continuous usage of deodorants and antiperspirants.
- Accumulation of dead cells around the armpits.
- Certain bacterial infections.
- Acanthosis Nigricans – An abnormal thickness, roughness, and darkness of skin
- Medical conditions like Smoker’s melanosis, melasma and Addison’s disease, etc.
Why Use Lemon Juice and Baking Soda?
Both lemon juice and baking soda are known for their powerful bleaching properties. But it’s not only about bleaching. Here are a few more strong reasons, why you should use lemon and baking soda for dark underarms.
Skin benefits of Lemon Juice:
- Exfoliates the skin: Lemon is packed with vitamin C and ascorbic acid that make it a very powerful natural skin exfoliator.
- Stimulates Collagen: Due to the presence of vitamin C, lemon can stimulate collagen (responsible for your skin’s natural color).
- Powerful natural cleanser: Lemon is one of the most powerful natural skin cleansers, and can combat almost all types of abnormal skin darkness.
- An excellent moisturizer: Skin dryness can also cause darkness around your armpits. Lemon can combat that by keeping your skin moisturized.
- Lemon is packed with antiseptic and antibacterial properties: Due to these qualities, lemon can improve almost all types of skin infections responsible for the darkness of skin.
Skin Benefits of Baking Soda:
- Maintains the pH level of the skin: Hyperpigmentation can increase your skin’s pH level. Thanks to the amphoteric properties, baking soda can maintain the skin’s pH level and improves the darkness of armpits.
- Natural Deodorant: Using commercial deodorants for very long can also make your underarms dark. What’s the solution? You can use baking soda as a natural deodorant. It will make sure better health and the color of your skin.
How to Use Lemon Juice and Baking Soda for Dark Underarms?
- Add 2 tbsp lemon juice with one tbsp baking soda
- Mix both the ingredients well to get a smooth paste
- Apply gently around the armpits and leave for about twenty minutes
- Wash off with fresh water and pat dry with a soft towel
- Repeat this for a couple of weeks and see the result
- Apply a gentle moisturizer because both baking soda and lemon juice are acidic in nature.
That’s the powerful recipe for dark underarms guys. Try it at least once if you are feeling embarrassed due to dark armpits. You will feel the difference within a couple of weeks, and you will get back your confidence and self-esteem.