It can be sometimes annoying if you want to grow your nails but they seem to resist that growth! Your wait for having attractive nails never ends, they grow, they chip and they break! And you’re always forced to trim them! If you are annoyed with numerous failed attempts of growing your nails, here is a ray of hope for you.
Here are a few tips on how to grow your nails faster and stronger. But, before that, let’s find out the possible reasons why your nails are not growing as they are supposed to grow. Let’s find out.
You keep biting them off:
Honey, if you have the habit of biting your nails, you need to put the “full stop” to it. This bat habit doesn’t only disturb the growth of your fingernails, it may also cause some bacterial infections to your gut.
Applying nail polish without base coat:
If you love applying nail polish, you have to get in relationship with base coat as well. Applying nail polish without base coat can also slow down the growth of your nails.
Excess use of gel and acrylics:
If you apply gel or acrylics too often on your nails, you’re not allowing them to grow naturally. Using gel and acrylics once in a while is okay, but using them regularly affects the natural growth process of your nails.
Some people are genetically disposed to slow or in a very rare cases, even inward growth of nails. If that’s the case, it may require proper treatment.
How to Grow Your Nails Faster and Stronger:
Here we are listing a few tips that can help you to have strong and beautiful nails.
Use Lemon Juice:
Vitamin C of lemon can promote the healthy growth of nails. In addition, lemon can also get rid of yellow nail stains as it is a powerful bleaching agent.
Method to follow:
- Mix one tbsp. lemon juice with 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Heat the mixture for about 20 seconds.
- Now, soak your nails in the solution for about half an hour.
- Do it daily to ensure the healthy growth of your nails.
Coconut oil is packed with nutrients that give your nails the required moisture and nourishment. This ensures a strong and healthy growth of nails. Coconut oil can also treat the fungal infection of nails.
How to use coconut oil:
- Warm-up ½ cup extra virgin oil in a bowl.
- Massage your nails and fingers in a circular motion.
- Repeat this method every night before sleeping.
Among other factors, collagen is also responsible for strong and healthy nail growth. Vitamin C found in the orange encourages the production of collagen and ensures the proper growth of your nails.
How to do it:
- Squeeze the juice from an orange into a clean bowl.
- Soak your nails in the juice for 15 minutes and wash then wash them off.
- Apply a gentle moisturizer to avoid dryness.
- Repeat it once in a day for better growth.
If you want to ensure good growth of your nails, you need to ensure you provide them with proper moisture and nourishment. Olive oil is a good source of vitamin E, which is not only great nourishment for your nails, it also improves blood circulation and hence promotes healthy nail growth.
How to use olive oil for nail growth:
- Warm-up ½ cup olive oil and cool it down a little.
- Massage your nails and cuticles with olive oil for five minutes.
- Wear good quality, soft gloves and leave the oil overnight.
- Do it every night before sleeping for better results.
These are some easy tips to ensure the proper and healthy growth of your nails. Try any of them according to your choice and make sure you also have beautiful long nails. Stop getting jealous, start following these tricks from today!