The condition called appendicitis gives you an extreme and unbearable pain that one cannot handle. This is often considered as a life-threatening condition and immediate treatment must be taken.
But, it can also be treated naturally by following some natural home remedies using natural ingredients.
In this article, we are going to see all the information about this condition and how we can treat it naturally without undergoing any surgery.
What Is the Appendix?
Appendix is a small couch which is attached to your large intestine. In most of people it is located at the right hand corner of tummy.
The appendix would normally be 5-10 cm long and quite narrow. From centuries, scientist would believe that the appendix has no useful role in maintaining health of the human body. But from recent researches and studies, it has been concluded that appendix is important to store useful and essential bacteria for your immune system.
It supports healthy functioning of your immune system, in spite of all these things; there is no occurrence of illness, even if we remove it from our tummy.
What Is Appendicitis?
The inflammation of a small organ called appendix in your abdomen is often known as appendicitis.
What Causes Appendicitis?
The major cause is the inflammation of appendix, apart from this here are some of the other Causes of Inflammation are as follows:
- Trauma to the abdomen
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Gastro intestinal problems
This condition is very rare, in many people it occurs due to the blockage of appendix tube in your abdomen or by swelling of the appendix wall.
Blockage of appendix is nothing but, indigestible food remnants or hard stools that stuck in the appendix or by lymph glands in the appendix wall which might result as swollen due to infection in your body.
Signs And Symptoms Of Appendicitis
The following are the symptoms and signs if you are experiencing appendicitis. The major symptom is pain in your abdomen.
If this condition leads you to experience unbearable pain in your abdomen, then immediately consult your doctor for better treatment because it might result in life-threatening condition and medical complications.
Other symptoms include:
- Pain in your abdomen
- Loss of appetite
- Inability to pass gas
- Low grade fever
- Abdominal swelling.
Appendicitis might start from mild pain and leads to sever pain and even sometimes it affects urination.
However, if you are in initial stages of this condition, you can try some home remedies to get rid of this condition easily. If you have experienced pain and discomfort even after trying home remedies, then consult your doctor immediately.
How To Cure Appendicitis Naturally
Here are some home remedies which will help you to get rid of appendicitis naturally without causing any side effects.
- Fenugreek Seeds
- Castor Oil
- Baking Soda
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Honey And Lemon Juice
- Green Tea
- Basil Leaves
Here are some effective home remedies to treat appendicitis naturally without causing any side effects.
Garlic is an excellent remedy for treating inflammation of your body. Due to its anti inflammatory properties garlic will reduce the inflammation of appendix and help you to get rid of pain and discomfort of appendicitis.
- Consume 2-3 cloves of garlic in an empty stomach every morning. You can also include it in your cooking.
- Alternatively, you can also take garlic capsules, but should consult your doctor before taking it.
Ginger is also rich in its anti inflammatory properties. It also helps to relieve you from symptoms like vomiting and nausea.
- Drink ginger tea for 2-3 times in a day. To prepare ginger tea, boil small pieces of ginger in a cup of boiling water for 5-10 minutes, then pour it in a cup and drink it by adding little amount of sugar in it.
- you can also apply little amount of ginger oil on your abdomen and massage the affected area
3. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek Seeds are excellent in treating appendicitis. These tiny seeds will help to prevent the accumulation of intestinal waste and excess mucus in your abdomen. It also helps to get rid of pain cause by inflammation.
- Try to include these fenugreek seeds in your cooking to prevent pain and inflammation.
- Boil a cup of water by adding two table spoons of fenugreek seeds for more than 5 minutes. Then strain the solution, drink it while it’s in lukewarm condition. Have it once in a day.
4. Castor Oil
Castor Oil is another effective home remedy for treating appendicitis naturally. This oil will help to relieve the blockage of your appendix and make you feel good by regular usage. It also helps to prevent earlier symptoms of this condition too.
- Take flannel cloth and fold it, then pour some amount of castor oil on it and place this cloth on the affected area of your body for few minutes.
- Repeat this process for 2-3 times in a day.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is capable of treating all types of digestive issues; it also reduces the pain with its anti inflammatory properties caused by appendicitis.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of warm water and drink it immediately.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider vinegar is acidic in nature and contain anti inflammatory properties which helps you to reduce pain and inflammation of appendicitis.
- Mix a table spoon of apple cider vinegar in one glass of warm water and drink it. Consume this drink regularly until you get medical help.
Mint is an excellent herb used to treat all types of digestive issues; it also helps to get rid of pain and regulates the digestive process and relieves you from gas.
- Soak handful of mint leaves in a bowl of hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the solution and drink it by adding a table spoon of honey in it.
8. Honey And Lemon Juice
Honey and lemon juice works great for relieving constipation and mobilize your bowels which often result in relieving you from the symptoms of appendicitis. Try to use only organic honey, the other honey products may be loaded with number of artificial sweeteners.
- Mix these two wonderful ingredients in equal quantity and drink this mixture. It will have strong taste to swallow, try it with a glass of warm water.
9. Green Tea
The anti oxidant and anti inflammatory properties in green tea will helps to soothe the pain to some extend caused by appendicitis.
- Steep green tea bag in a cup of hot water for few minutes
- Remove the tea bad and add a table spoon of raw honey to it and drink it while it is warm enough to touch.
Make buttermilk more taste full and delightful by adding a little amount of milk, coriander and ginger in this refreshing drink that helps in cleansing for appendix in your abdomen.
- Chill the buttermilk in refrigerator for couple of minutes and drink it twice or thrice in a day.
11. Basil Leaves
Basil leaves are considered as a beneficial herb in treating appendicitis easily. It relieves you from the symptoms of appendicitis like indigestion and constipation.
- Make a paste of handful of basil leaves, then add ¼ tea spoon of rock salt, pinch of black pepper and 2 table spoons of yogurt and mix them well.
- Have this in your regular diet. Repeat it twice in a day to get relief from pain and inflammation.
The anti inflammatory and anti microbial properties of ginseng will help to reduce pain and inflammation caused by appendicitis.
- Mix 2-6 slices of ginseng in a cup of hot water and boil it for more than 5 minutes.
- Strain the solution and add little amount of honey and have it til it is warm enough.
- Drink this herbal tea twice in a day for few months.
Recommended Diet To Treat Appendicitis
Even the foods we take have will have more effect on our health and result in facing some health conditions. Drink lots of water, fruit juices and vegetable juices that help to cleanse your appendix naturally and help you get rid of appendicitis.
Here are the things you need to avoid in your regular diet to prevent appendicitis:
- Fatty meat
- Sugary foods
- High fat saturated foods
- Processed meats
- Fried foods
- Caffeine and carbonated drinks
Note: Appendicitis is a serious condition which should be treated as early as possible, before going for home remedies do consult your doctor immediately.