Body language communicates a lot of what is going on internally in our mind and there are some pretty straight forwards ways to know if someone is lying to you, here are 7 ways to know if your boyfriend or husband or any other person is lying:
- Prolonged Eye Contact : A person who is lying usually avoids eye contact or holds prolonged eye contact to convince the other person to trust him.
- Notice Body Language : A person who is lying usually uses his hand to touch his nose, comb his hair, pull up his socks, wipe away sweat, tug on his clothes or rub his lips.
- Establish the Baseline : A baseline reveals how a person behaves in normal circumstances. This can be done by asking some simple and basic questions to which you already know the answers.
- Notice the Pause : When a liar is making up a story to cover the truth, you may notice him taking a long pause so that he can create a sequence of events.
- Check for Sweating : Sweating occurs in stressful situations and when you lie, it is very stressful.
- Proclaims Honesty Repeatedly : Frequently used phrases like “to be honest”, “believe me”, and “to tell the truth” are often clear-cut indications that there is something wrong in the story.
- Inconsistencies in the Story : Even if you have the slightest doubt that the other person is lying to you, ask him to repeat the story after sometime. If the person is lying, he might add a few details or remove couple of things that were previously mentioned.