I know many people suffer from problem of bad breath even after brushing, most common cause behind this is poor dental health habits and sometimes it also indicate some other health problems. Especially in women if you have problem of bad breath, this problem might increase during menstrual periods.
When your hormone levels are bouncing around, your saliva production is affected, which in turn could cause dry mouth. Saliva in our mouth helps us in killing bacteria and cleanse our mouth.
To get rid of bad breath, brush with proper technique twice a day, use mouthwash, floss your teeth daily and rinse with plain water after every meal.
No need to buy mouthwash in the market, you can easily prepare at home.
Ingredients you will need:
- Lemon juice
- Cinnamon powder
- Baking soda
- Warm water
- Cut a lemon and extract 1 spoon of lemon juice. About half a lemon would do the job.
- Pour that juice in a glass.
- Lemon is a potent antimicrobial and refreshes your breath. Do not add more than the above mentioned quantity as we do not want to create an acidic environment in the mouth.
- Add 1/4th spoon of cinnamon powder to lemon drops. Cinnamon is very effective in killing the foul odor causing bacteria. It is easily available at local grocery stores and will cause no harm if you stick to the said quantity.
- Add just a pinch of baking soda. It also helps in fighting the problem. Besides it helps in whitening teeth to some extent.
- Add half to one spoon of honey. Honey acts as an anti bacterial and also makes the flavor of this mouthwash more palatable.
- Add warm water to the mix. Stir properly at the end. We are adding warm water to allow the honey to get dissolved. It should neither be hot nor cold.