Vaginal odor is a common problem among women, it happens when the pH level of vagina gets imbalanced. Bacterial growth, yeast infections, hormonal changes, poor hygiene etc. are the major causes of this problem.
So, following are the home remedies that will help you to fight vaginal odor:
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Garlic has anti-biotic properties, due to which it helps in fighting with the odor causing bacteria.
- Put a garlic clove in your vagina for 2 hours.
- Do this 2 times a day, once in the morning and once before going to bed.
- Do this every day for 2 weeks. You will start to see the results after 5 days.
- Amla: 1
- Amla is rich in vitamin C, therefore it acts as a natural cleanser.
- Eat one amla a day in raw form in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Do this continuously for 2 weeks to see the positive results.
- You can also drink amla juice.
- Cut an amla in small pieces and grind it in a mixer with ½ cup of water.
- After grinding it, add ½ cup of water to it.
- Drink this juice once a day regularly, for 2 weeks.
- It will help in eliminating all the toxins in your body and also helps in keeping the vagina odor free.
- BAKING SODA
- Baking soda: 2 tablespoon
- Warm water
- Baking soda helps in maintaining the pH level of the vagina and therefore fights with the vaginal odor.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water. Now, put 2 tablespoons of baking soda in your bathtub.
- Then, soak your body in it for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, rinse your body with normal water.
- Do this every alternate day for 2 weeks.
- Neem leaves: 10- 15
- Water: 2 cups
- Neem is known for its anti- bacterial, anti- fungal and anti- septic properties. Therefore, it helps in fighting the vaginal odor.
- Boil neem leaves in 2 cups of water.
- Take the neem leaves out of the solution.
- Once the boiled water cools down, rinse your vagina thoroughly with it.
- Do this once a day, regularly for 2 weeks.
- Yogurt: 2 cups
- Yogurt contains lactobacillus bacteria which help in fighting the vaginal odor.
- Eat 2 cups of yogurt daily, for 2 weeks.
- You can eat plain yogurt or can add fruits to it for taste.
- Apply 2 cups of yogurt to your vagina with the help of your fingers.
- Keep it the same way for 20 minutes.
- Then, wash your vagina with normal water.
- Do this once a day regularly for 1 week.
- Don’t use chemical products, fragrances etc. for vagina.
- Make sure you clean your vagina every day with warm water, to keep the bacteria away.
- Drink at least 2- 3 liters of water every day, to flush out all the toxins from the body.
- Wear pure cotton panties as it allows easy air circulation down there.
- During the periods, change your pads or tampons frequently, as and when required. Because dirty pads or tampons can cause bacterial and fungal infection.
- Avoid drinking sugary drinks and caffeine as they stimulate bacterial infection.