Today I will share 7 health benefits of chia seeds. Originally grown in Mexico, chia seeds have long been valued for their medicinal and nutritional values. It also gives energy and endurance. With all these nutrients let us use the benefits and uses of chia seeds.
- Skin and aging – chia seeds have a higher level of antioxidants than first reported. Shown to stop up to 70% of free radical activity.
- Digestive health- chia is high in fiber and is helpful for delaying digestive issues such as constipation. Chia works as a prebiotic, supporting the growth of good bacteria.
- Heart health- the seeds can fight inflammation, regulate cholesterol, lower blood pressure and are also high in linoleic acid as well as a high concentration of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Help treat diabetes– chia seeds health benefits continue with the ability to treat diabetes, research shows the seeds are able to halt diabetes and in fact even reverse it.
- Boost your energy and metabolism- it enhances exercise performance in the same way energy drinks can while avoiding a world of unhealthy added sugar.
- Stronger bones– one ounce of chia seeds has about 18% of the recommended daily amount of calcium and helps maintain bone strength and mass.
- Build muscle and weight loss- chia seeds can regulate energy levels making it helpful in improving stamina and endurance as well as improving nutrient absorption of electrolytes.