Ginger is originated from China belongs to the Zingiberaceae family, and is closely related to turmeric. Ginger is the underground rhizome of the ginger plant with a firm, striated texture. The flesh of the ginger rhizome can be yellow, white or red in color, depending upon the variety and is effectively used to relieve nausea and vomiting caused by seasickness and it too have many other benefits.
Rub ginger to get radiant skin
I know you never heard about this but I’ll strongly recommend you to try this. Apply slices of ginger root to your face, it will give you a refreshing glow.
Ginger has great antiseptic properties, it can fight with spots and imperfections. It will also minimize the rate of spot and acne formation by actively killing bacteria on the skin’s surface and deep inside the pores.
For skin toning
Ginger mask on my face and skin will be even toned.
Add equal parts of lemon juice and ginger into some raw honey (enough to form a paste) and apply directly on your face. Massage into your skin and wash off after 5 minutes.
Best part is that you can use this mask everyday and there is no side effect
Ginger comes with anti-oxidants which reduce toxins from skin and increase blood circulation, ultimately slowing down the ageing process.
For Hair fall
Ginger roots can give you shiny and strong mane. Take a fresh ginger root and peel the outer covering. Extract fresh juice by squeezing the roots.
Take 1 tablespoon of this juice and to this add olive oil or jojoba oil in the same quantity. Gently rub this mixture on your scalp whilst massaging in circular motions. Leave it on for 15-30 minutes.
However, do not let this mixture dry and keep for longer hours. Wash off your hair using a mild shampoo. This ginger treatment can be done 1-2 times every week to get better results.
Ginger Hair Mask for Extreme Hair Growth, Promote Hair Growth
Ingredients required are :
- Coconut Oil
Directions to follow :
- Take 2 to 3 inch ginger, peel and cut it into smaller pieces
- Blend It in a blender
- Take a clean bowl and add 2 table spoons of coconut oil. Mine is in a solid form, so I will need to melt it before using it. The best way to melt it is to pour in hot water into a large bowl and place the small bowl of coconut oil into the hot water bowl. In about 3 – 5 mins the coconut oil will melt into a liquid form. You don’t need to do this if its already in a liquid form. Never microwave or put direct heat into the coconut oil as that will destroy all the goodness of the oil.
- Now take a clean cloth or even a strainer. Place the ginger pulp into the cloth and squeeze out as much juice into the coconut oil. Mix this mixture very well until the ginger juice is well incorporated with the oil. Because the coconut oil is a bit warm now, It will make it easier for the ginger to mix in with the oil.
- You can store this mixture in a clean bottle, I prefer glass bottle over the plastic ones.
- Here I am using an amber glass bottle, Amber glass helps to protect the oil from sunlight and also extends the shelf life of the oil. You can store this in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- So whenever you take it out from the fridge, it will be in a solid form so wherever you want to use it, Take a bowl of hot water and places this bottle into the hot water and let it sit there for 5 mins so that it can turn into a liquid form.
- Now lets apply it.
- As usual make sure that your hair is tangle free. And also make sure to shake the bottle very well before each use to mix the ginger with the oil. Start applying the oil from the roots to the ends of your hair.
Benefits of using this oil:
Fresh Ginger roots which contain magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and vitamins helps in making your hair stronger, healthier and shinier. It is also an effective remedy for hair loss as it strengthens the roots of your hair.
Ginger contains some circulatory agents too. These help to increase the circulation and blood flow through scalp which improves the growth of hair follicles. And when hair follicles are wakened, they automatically boost your hair growth.
Ginger is also rich in fatty acids. It helps prevent the thinning of hair which leads to the reduction of hair loss. Ginger oil is also a best home remedy to get rid of dandruff as well.
Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids that nourish and moisturize the scalp and the hair. If Regularly applied to the hair, it reduces hair breakage, stimulates hair growth getting deep into its follicles, it adds luster, shine and softness to the hair. Coconut oil prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length. Here the ginger and the coconut oil concoction is going to boost your Hair growth.
This is a very effective home remedy Please have patience and Apply this oil to the hair for 2 – 3 times a week for a month to see visible results.
This ginger wrap can melt your belly fat overnight
You just need:
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger or ginger powder
- 4-5 tablespoons body lotion
- plastic wrap
- elastic bandage
Soak a towel in warm water and wrap it around the area, where you want to apply the ginger compress. Then, leave it on for 5 minutes. It will open up the pores. Then, you need to mix the ginger, with the body lotion and apply it on the affected area.
After that, you need to use the plastic wrap, to wrap the area a few times. And finally, you need to place the elastic bandage over the plastic wrap.
Leave the compress on for at least 6 hours. If you want to get the best results out of this treatment, you should apply it before you go to sleep, and remove it when you wake up in the morning.
For Reduce Muscle Pain and Soreness
In a study ginger has been effective in reducing muscle pain and soreness which is caused by workout or exercise causing muscle pain.The scientist has given 2gm of ginger powder for day and saw results of pain reduction
For Osteoarthritis anti inflammatory property
This is problem common in old age. where joint pains and stiffness occur as such ginger has shown to be significant helping reduction of pain in bone joints and ease the pain as due to anti inflammatory effect of ginger.
Immune Boosting Action
Ginger can not only be warming on a cold day, but can help promote healthy sweating, which is often helpful during colds and flus. A good sweat may do a lot more than simply assist detoxification. German researchers have recently found that sweat contains a potent germ-fighting agent that may help fight off infections.
Lower Blood Sugars and Improve heart condition.
Ginger contains anti-diabetic property and in type 2 diabetes this is really helpful 2gm of powder of this can lower the blood sugar levels to 12 as conducted a study by a group in 2015.
and this is also considered good for improving heart conditions as this having anti inflammatory properties in it.
What are the known side effects?
Ginger is considered safe in little amounts but may have small side effects:
- Stomach Discomfort
- Extra Menstrual Bleeding in Women
What are the precautions I need to take?
Ginger should not be taken in large amounts as it may worsen heart disease conditions.
Is it safe to use I am pregnant or breast feeding?
Possibly considered safe in small amounts but also considered controversial in some conditions contact gynecologist for further information on it.
Is it safe to use for children?
No reliable information available. contact pediatrician for information