There are a number of detox water recipes that you can try and make at home to make your blood and body clean from any impurities or toxins. These are made from natural organic ingredients which you can easily find in your kitchen or local market and the best thing is that you can make most of these in big batches and drink it whenever you want. It’s like having your own homemade energy drink in the fridge just waiting to be consumed.
DETOX WATER RECIPES:
1. Cucumber Water
- Peel a cucumber and cut it into really thin slices.
- Fill a cup with cold water and put some slices of cucumber into it.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice in the water to add some tanginess to the drink.
- Crush some grapefruits and mint leaves and add it to the mixture as well. Stir all the ingredients together with a spoon.
- Let the solution rest for a couple of hours before drinking it slowly by taking small sips. It is preferred to take it on an empty stomach but it’s not mandatory.
Cucumbers have a diuretic property which helps in losing the water weight stored in the body quickly and effectively. Other ingredients like lemon juice and mint leaves help in burning the fat from the body.
2. Strawberry Water
- Cut all the fruits into small sizes and keep them in a big bowl.
- Put some cold water in the bowl and then stir the fruits in it for a while.
- Pour about a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice into the bowl and then mix the ingredients together.
- Let the water soak in the fruits for about a couple of hours until it gets infused with the nutrients.
- You can strain the fruits in order to drink the water only or can also eat the fruits while drinking the water. Both of them will benefit the body a lot.
This water is full of citrus fruits and vitamin C which are really beneficial in flushing out the toxins from the body. Regular consumption of this water makes your body hydrated, fresh and full of vital nutrients.
3. Watermelon Water
- Cut the watermelon into medium-sized pieces and try to remove all the seeds if you can.
- You can squeeze the juice from the watermelon or crush it to make some pulp and add it in a bowl of water or you can just keep the slices in the water to soak them for a few minutes.
- Let the water stay like this for 3-4 hours if you have put the slices in it so that the taste of watermelon gets mixed in the water.
- Drink the solution whenever you want but in slow sips and not in big gulps.
Antioxidants are the component which clarifies and cleanses the body from within and is vital for the proper and smooth functioning of the body. Watermelon contains lycopene which is a very good antioxidant and helps in soothing down the inflammation of the body. It is also rich in beneficial amino acids.
4. Lemon and Berries Water
- This is like your everyday lemonade but with a little twist. Cut a medium-sized lemon and squeeze out the juice from it in a bowl.
- Fill the bowl with some cold water and a few ice cubes to keep it cool.
- Take a handful of blueberries and raspberries and crush them lightly to make a pulp and extract some juice from it.
- Add this pulpy solution to the bowl and mix the ingredients together to make a nice solution full of berries.
- Keep this mixture in the fridge for future use and drink a cup from this whenever you like.
This berry and lemon mixture is void of any sugar or sweeteners which add into the fat present in your body. It is not only rich in antioxidants, citric acid, and vitamin C but is also really delicious to drink, it will make the detoxing process much easier than some of the drinks on the list.
5. Green Tea Detox
- Make a quite light batch of green tea by putting the tea bag into hot water for just a few seconds. Let the water change its colour and then take the tea bag out.
- Keep the green tea aside to cool down for a bit or even in the fridge to cool down faster.
- Cut a few slices of strawberry, lemon, and cucumber and put a couple of them in the water. Stir the mixture and set it aside.
- Drink this water a few times a day to not only detox the body but also hydrate it from within. You can store the drink in the fridge and use it for 3-4 days without any complications.
We all know the weight loss and detoxing power that green tea posses. When you put in some fruits and berries in the mix, you have a really great drink. It helps you burn the fat, increase the rate of metabolism, flush out the impurities from the body and keep you hydrated at all times.
6. Apple and Cinnamon
- Peel and cut the apple into thin slices.
- Take a bowl of cold water and put the apple slices in it. Along with it also put in a cinnamon stick by breaking it into the half.
- Leave the water as it needs a couple of hours to allow the infusion to complete.
- Drink the detox water before going to sleep to get the best results.
The antioxidants and phytonutrients present in the apple protect the body from the risk of cancer and other diseases. Taking it before going to bed aids in digestion and allows the body to get the maximum benefits from the food consumed.
7. Mango and Ginger
- Cut the ginger into small pieces and then crush it to make a pulp.
- Cut a ripe mango into small slices as well and put it in a big bowl full of cold water.
- Add the crushed ginger into it and then mix the ingredients together.
- You can drink this as soon as you make it and can also store it for future use.
Apart from having a great taste, this wonderful solution helps the body in processing the food, increases the metabolism of the body and even boosts your memory. Drinking this regularly will make your blood clean of any toxins.
8. Blueberry and Lavender Detox
- Cut and crush the lavender buds for some time to extract the juice from it.
- Add this juice to a cup of cold water along with some crushed blueberries as well.
- You can drink this water as it is or you can also strain out the blueberries and lavender after allowing them to infuse in the water for a couple of hours.
- Keep the drink in the fridge and drink it every day after waking up.
This detox water recipes contain an edible flower, Lavender, which is surprisingly good in cleaning up your body and blood from any pollutants or toxins without much hassle.
9. Aloe Water
- Cut a fresh aloe leaf and extract a tablespoon of aloe gel from it.
- Add it to a cup of cold water along with a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice and then mix the ingredients together.
- Drink the water by taking little sips at a time and then put the remaining water in the fridge.
There are very few herbs which are as beneficial as aloe vera. It takes care of your overall body by giving you increased energy, better digestion and smooth circulation in the blood vessels eliminating the toxins present in them.
10. ‘Spa’ Water
- It is called ‘spa’ water because of its popularity in spas and parlour all around the world.
- Just cut a cucumber into long slices and place it in a glass full of cold water.
- Let the cucumber infuse into the water for about a couple of hours and keep stirring it a little on regular intervals.
- Consume this ‘spa’ water whenever you like. You don’t need to worry about consuming it on an empty stomach or anything else.
Most of the problems that occur are due to the lack of hydration and moisture in our body. The goodness of cucumber revitalizes your normal drinking water and makes it an energy drink. Keep this drink handy in your list of detox water recipes.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar Water
- Take around 6 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and add it to 64 ounces or around a cup of sparkling mineral water.
- Extract the juice of a couple of lemons and put it in the solution as well. Mix the ingredients together.
- Taste the water and if needed then you can add stevia to enhance the taste or drink it as it is.
- It would be better to take this water every day for best results.
It is a really good healthy alternative to the sodas and drinks present in the market which claim to detoxify your body. It is delicious to drink as well and will also help your body to lose weight and burn fat naturally.
12. Pineapple and Orange Water
- Peel an orange and separate the different slices.
- Peel and cut a pineapple into around half a cup of small slices.
- Put all the fruit slices in a bowl of water and mix them together.
- Leave the water as it is for an hour or so and then drink it slowly. It is recommended to drink this after a workout to reenergize the body.
This marvellous drink is packed with a lot of Vitamin C which is great for improving the metabolism of the body, toning up the skin and also flushing out the toxins. Drinking this after a workout will continue the fat burning process.
13. Kiwi and Mint Water
- Cut the kiwis into small circular slices and put it into a cup along with some mint leaves, rosemary, and strawberries.
- Crush all the ingredients together using a spoon or a pestle to extract a mixture of juices from it.
- Strain the fruits and mix it with a bowl full of cold water and drink it whenever you want. Keep the remaining mixture in the fridge.
The tangy and sweet combination of this drink is not only great in taste but is also one of the easiest detox water recipes one can make at home. This is rich in antioxidants and vitamins and will help in keeping your body young and disease free.
14. Maple Syrup Water
- Mix a couple of tablespoons of each maple syrup and lemon juice in a cup.
- Fill the cup with cold water and then add a pinch of sea salt and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper and mix the ingredients together.
- Drink this water as soon as it is made as it doesn’t require any waiting time.
Undoubtedly, one of the most delicious detox water recipes. It is both sweet and salty at the same time. It has a great cleansing ability which clears your blood of any impurities.
15. Lime and Mint Water
- Cut a lime into thin slices and put it in a mason jar full of cold water and some ice cubes.
- Tear about a handful of mint leaves and put them in the water as well. You can also add some slices of cucumber to the water if you like.
- Leave the water for an hour or so to get infused with all the ingredients and then drink it casually.
Apart from removing harmful substances from your blood, this drink also makes your body cooler on a hot day or after a workout. It has the Vitamin C of lime and the antioxidants of mint leaves in abundance.
One has to understand that the detox water recipes listed here are just a means to clear your body of any toxins and impurities that can get mixed in the blood. It is not meant to relinquish your thirst and should not be taken like your normal drink. Just once a day will be more than enough to give your body a sufficient amount of nutrients and energy to restore what has lost and get through the next day as well.
Also, always take a drink on a trial basis first. If you aren’t sure about what things you are allergic to then consult a doctor first.