A UTI infection is basically an infection in the urinary tract. It is also known as bladder infection. The bacteria can enter the urinary tract during sexual activity or while using the bathroom or pre-used toilet seat.
But don’t worry, it can be treated through various home remedies. Read further to know more about them:
Garlic has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties. Thus it helps in getting rid of the bacteria. Aloe vera gel soothes the skin.
- In a bowl, crush 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- Slit an aloe vera leaf into two halves and extract the gel out of both of them.
- Mix the two ingredients together.
- Apply this mixture to your vagina and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Then, rinse it off with normal water and wash the area properly.
- Apply this mixture, every night before going to bed. Repeat this remedy every day for at least 10 days to treat the UTI infection.
Oregano oil helps in fighting with the E.coli which is the most common type of bacteria found in UTIs.
- Using your finger tips, apply this oil to your vagina.
- Massage it properly so that it is completely soaked by your skin.
- Let it sit for at least half an hour and then rinse it off with normal water.
- Do this remedy every night before going to sleep because that is the time when your body heals the most.
- Do this remedy for at least a week to get rid of the UTI.
Water helps in flushing all the toxins out of your body. Keeping your body hydrated all the time is the best remedy for treating UTIs. Water makes a person urinate several times a day thus removing the bacteria out of the body.
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water every day.
- Make sure you drink a glass of water half an hour after every meal.
Lemon is rich in vitamin C and thus cleanses the skin properly, hence helps getting rid of the UTI infection.
- In a bowl, squeeze out half a lemon juice.
- Mix it with a tablespoon of aloe vera gel, to make sure it does not irritate your skin.
- Apply this mixture to that area using a cotton ball or your finger tips.
- Let it sit there for half an hour.
- Then, rinse it off with normal water.
- Do this remedy twice a day for at least 6- 7 days to get rid of the infection.
According to the various studies, cranberry juice helps in reducing the growth of UTI causing bacteria. Also, it helps in increasing the number of times a person urinates in day, thus helps in moving the bacteria out of the body.
- Drink two glasses of cranberry juice every day. Once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Keep drinking it for at least 10 days.
- Make pure cranberry juice at home and apply it on your vagina.
- Then, rinse it off after 20 minutes.
- Apply it once every day for 10 days.