Carrot juice is a valuable source of Vitamin A, which is a major vitamin for skin health. Carrots are rich in antioxidants, including phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals, which protect, nourish and moisturize the skin. Nutrition received from carrots helps to reduce photo sensitivity to promote skin renewal and protect the skin from sun damage.
Carrot juice contains high amounts of Beta Carotene. When you eat foods that contain Beta Carotene your body converts Beta Carotene into retinol.Retinol is the purest form of VITAMIN A, Retinol applied on your skin helps improve appearance of acne scars by producing COLLAGEN.
For Glowing skin
- Carrot Juice With Apple :
- Mix the juice of 4 carrots with the juice of 1 apple and add a touch of ginger for a more complex flavor.
- Skin-Calming Carrot and Fennel Smoothie :
- Blend together 1 apple, 1 carrot, 1/2 fennel bulb, a few slices of cucumber, 1/2 a ripe avocado, and a pierced oil of evening primrose capsule.
Treat Acne Scars
- Clean three carrots with water. Juice the carrot with the juicer.
- Mix half of the carrot juice with 1 tsp. of sea salt to form a paste. Gently massage this paste into your scars using circular motions.
- Keep the paste on your face until it drys, then wash it off with cool water. According to “Braun-Falco’s Dermatology,” the carrot juice and sea salt paste will exfoliate your skin and promote new, healthy skin growth to diminish the appearance of the acne scars.
- Dab the remaining carrot juice onto your acne scars. This will allow the beta carotene to work its way into your scar, promoting additional healthy skin growth, according to “Cosmetic Dermatology: Principles and Practice.”
Prepare mint tea from fresh mint leaves and mix cucumber juice, carrot juice and lemon juice with it. This mixture can be refrigerated in an ice tray for obtaining a super-effective ice toner. From diminishing dark spots to improving the tone, this natural toner can do a lot for our skin.
For rosy pink lips
Carrot juice works similar way as beetroot juice. Just soak a cotton pad in carrot juice and apply it on your lips. This rich in vitamins juice will add color and nourish your lips.
Anti ageing and young skin
For this natural pack you will need
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 5 tablespoons of fresh carrot juice
- Put the starch in ½ glass of water, and mix well
- In the meantime, boil 400 ml of water and leave to cool down a little bit, but not totally.
- Add the starch in water and leave it to simmer until the mixture thickens.
- When cool, add the juice of carrots and cream and mix.
- Rinse your face skin and apply the mask on it.
- Keep the remaining mixture in the refrigerator.
- Leave the mask to act for 25-30 minutes, and wash your face with warm water.
- Then apply a cream as usually.
- Apply the mask for three days straight for best results.
For Black Spots
Mix pineapple juice and carrot juice together and apply it on the face and wash it after 15 minutes.
Another Anti aging and Young keeping juice by candy lo
Ingredients you will need:
1 tbsp. of low fat cream
5 tbsp. fresh carrot juice
1 tbsp. cornstarch
100 ml. water
Start off by adding the cornstarch in the 100 ml of water and mix well. Put the mixture in a large bowl and heat it up. Mix it well until you end up with a thick mixture, then remove it from heat and when the mixture cools down a bit, add the carrot juice and low fat cream and mix again well.
Before applying the mask, clean your face well and apply the mask. Apply it and let it sit for 30 minutes, and once done, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
In order to achieve the best results, use this mask 3-5 times a week for a longer period of time.
Glowy & Shiny Skin
This glow serum is easy to make & it can be used as a night serum, as a day serum, as a moisturizer it can be used under your makeup as well as mixed in your makeup.
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil (solid form)
- Vitamin E capsule
- Take 1 carrot , Peel the carrot and grate it
- Extract the carrot juice from this using a stainer
- Take 1 tablespoon of this carrot juice into a clean bowl
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the bowl
- Add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil (solid form) to the bowl
- Add oil extract from 4 vitamin E capsules to the bowl
- Mix the ingredients well until it becomes light and fluffy and smooth without any lump
- Store it in any container or jar
- You can apply this on your face or body and you will see instant glow
Skin Whitening Fruitila Mask
You will need:
- Orange – 1
- Carrot – 1
- Take orange juice in one bowl
- Now peel the carrot and grate it
- Press this grated carrot to take its juice out
- Mix orange juice and carrot juice
- Apply this pack on your hands/Feet for 20 minutes
- Wash this pack with cold water
Color hair naturally
Beet and carrot juice
These two juices can add natural red tints to your current color. Depending on what shade you want, you can use each alone, or mix them together. For a more reddish tinge, use more beet juice (strawberry blonde, deeper red, or auburn). Carrot will produce a quieter reddish orange.
Long and strong hair
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup coconut oil
- Take 1 medium size carrot, grate it. Blend it with 1/4 cup of water. Your carrot juice is ready
- Squeeze some lime, you need 1/2 cup lime juice
- Mix these two ingredients in 1 cup of coconut oil
- Put this mixture on medium flame
- Once mixture starts to boil, out it on high flame
- After 10-12 minutes you can see carrot is separating from oil, keep boiling
- After 15-17 minutes bubbling will stop. Put flame on sim now
- After 2 minutes turn off the flame
Let it cool, now you can store this oil in a glass jar.
And your awesome hair oil is ready.
Generally we use various types of oil/shampoo on our hair but believe me nothing could be better than homemade treatment. Today I am going to share one recipe that is very rich in Vitamin A and E to nourish your hair. It will make your hair soft and shiny. If your hair is weak, it helps to strengthen hair, moisturizing your scalp and preventing split ends from developing.
For this concoction you will need:
- 2 organic carrots, for long hair you will need 3
- Olive Oil/ Coconut Oil
- Grater or food processor
- Crock pot
- Clean glass jar
Grate the carrots and place the grated carrots in a clean glass mason jar and cover with oil.
Cover the jar and place in a warm spot like a window sill for about 2 weeks or so. Or you can put the jar behind the refrigerator or freezer where it’s nice and warm. Don’t forget to shake every day.
The beta-carotene and fat soluble vitamins will dissolve in the oil and the oil will take on a pale orange color.
Pour the oil through a fine mesh sieve or muslin cloth into another clean jar. If any carrot sediment remains at the bottom of the jar, you can let it settle and then pour the oil off into another container.
Seal the jar and store in a cool dark place.
Curing cancer with carrots claimed by Ann Cameron (Cancer survivor and book author)
- 6 carrots
- 1-inch piece fresh turmeric or ¼ to ½ teaspoon dried
- 1-inch piece ginger
- ½ lemon, peeled (optional to alkalize and lift the flavors)
- ½ cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon dried cinnamon
Put the ingredients through your juicer (You can use an Omega) alternating the carrots with the turmeric and ginger (to get the most juice out of them) and then drink pulped or strain with a fine mesh sieve. Stir through the cinnamon, and dilute with water if desired.
Carrots also help women get through menopause by preventing hot flushes and controlling other menopausal symptoms
Diabetes patients it might lower blood sugar levels.
Source of Calcium is also considered natural source for calcuim.
Weight Loss and helpful for reducing cholesterol in body.
What are the known side effects?
There is no much side effects when taken orally but in limited quantity.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
Taking excess amount may lead to yellowish coloring of skin or may cause decaying of teeth.
Is it safe to use I am pregnant or breast feeding ?
This juice is likely considered safe to use when you are pregnant but no reliable information available .consult gynecologist for more information about this.
Is it safe to use for children?
This juice is likely considered safe for children but should be given in limited quantity orally and no reliable information available. consult pediatrician for more information about this