Olive Oil called liquid gold and the Romans and Greeks really appreciated its value. Olive oil contains fatty acids which have the ability to treat the bad cholesterol. Also, This oil is extremely effective for cleansing the body of toxins.
Everyone should include it in its daily diet. During the extraction process, extra virgin olive oil requires minimal treatment and handling. On this way, the nutrients of the oil are preserved, making the oil rich in vitamins and minerals.This oil is packed with anti-aging antioxidants and hydrating squalene, making it superb for hair, skin, and nails.
Olive oil softens and moisturizes your skin naturally, making it an effective cleanser for dry skin. If you want to scrub and remove dead skin cells to brighten your facial tone, tighten pores and lift wrinkles, add a gently abrasive element, such as sugar or salt.
mix 1/2 cup of olive oil with 1 tbsp. of sea salt. Use all over the body, including your face.
For a moisturizing scrub, mix 1/4 cup of granulated sugar with 1 tbsp. of either grated cucumber, aloe vera juice or mashed avocado. Drizzle in enough olive oil to make a smooth paste, then scrub gently into your face and rinse off.
Mix 1 tsp. of oil with 1 tsp. of honey and a single egg yolk. Stir until smooth, then apply gently to your face and neck. Let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse in lukewarm water, and gently pat your face dry. Some oil will remain to moisturize your skin.
You can apply extra virgin olive oil directly to your skin as a moisturizer. Olive oil’s chemical distribution is similar to the skin’s own natural oil, or sebum; it softens and smoothes your skin, leaving it supple while locking in moisture. In addition, olive oil is high in antioxidants and can stimulate the production of collagen and elastic. For an olive oil emulsion, mix equal parts oil and water with a hand-held frother, or apply oil to skin while still moist.
Make your own night cream to leave your skin glowing and lighten discolorations. Mix 1/2 cup of olive oil with 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1/4 cup of water. Splash water on your face, then smooth the mixture over your skin. Apply before bed, and leave on all night. The water will re hydrate your skin, while the olive oil softens and moisturizes; vinegar lightens discolorations, loosens skin tags and kills bacteria.
Massage your skin with extra virgin olive oil for 10 minutes and then wash it off (or)
Take 2 tablespoons of mashed papaya and 2 tablespoons of oatmeal powder , mix them well add few drops of almond oil or extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil . you can also add some water if the paste is too thick to apply . spread this mixture all over your face,hands and neck , it dry and wash it off.
Scrub for sensitive or dry skin
scrub is great for sensitive/dry skins, since the olive oil is moisturizing and the honey helps lock in moisture, making your skin look younger and healthier. Honey also has antimicrobial properties to clean your face,Lemon juice lightens skin while the sugar exfoliates.
You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
Mix the ingredients in a small bowl. Apply the mixture all over your body using a gentle, circular motions.After about 60 seconds, rinse off the mixture.This scrub also works great on dry or rough skin. Apply it to your heels and feet for an at-home pedicure treatment.
1.Extra Virgin oil won’t clog your pores.
2.No need to use it in exact amounts as specified , you can adjust the proportions as needed.
3.Do not store in the fridge – this will harden the mixture, which you do not want.
Take 15ml of Extra Virgin Olive oil into a bowl,add 3 drops of Lavender Essential Oil mix it well and massage your face with it.The direction of the facial massage should follow the arrows in the above mentioned diagram.Massage for 5 minutes,leave it on for 15- 30 minutes and then wash it off.
For Hair :
If you want to stop your hair fall use olive oil. Massage it with your fingertips in circular motion and then on the tips to get shine. you can add a teaspoon of castor oil in 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil.
This is a natural moisturizer and I have never heard anything bad about it but if you wanna see its benefits quickly you should follow right way of using it.
How to apply olive oil on hair?
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat one quarter cup of olive oil for up to one minute. Be careful handling oil, it may be hot!
- Gently pour olive oil over the hair while in the bathtub or shower.
- Work oil from scalp to ends and comb through with a wide tooth comb.
- Pin hair up onto top of head and wrap in a terrycloth towel or shower cap.
- Relax and let olive oil soak for a maximum of thirty minutes.
- After allowing treatment time to penetrate, rinse hair thoroughly.
- Apply two applications of shampoo and work well into hair.
- Follow with light conditioner for De-tangling and sheen.
For Hair fall
Coconut Oil has a small molecular structure and can actually penetrate the hair shaft to the cortex reducing protein loss.Olive oil is rich in nutrients such as Vitamin E, Niacin, Vitamin D, and Biotin. All of these nutrients are extremely advantageous for hair growth.Regular application of olive oil on the hair, helps in preventing the DHT hormone from forming on the hair shaft, thus, stopping hair loss which can be caused by this hormone.
Coconut oil and olive oil nourishes, moisturizes, conditions, and strengthens hair while also minimizing hair loss and dandruff. They both help to repair damaged hair cuticle. Both have antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties that fight off common scalp and hair problems.
For long and thick eye lashes
If your eye lashes are thin and small then use this tip. By applying this mixture your eye lashes will grow and become long.
- Fresh Aloe Vera gel – 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
Mix 1 teaspoon of fresh Aloe Vera gel and 1 tsp olive oil in a small bowl. Pour this mixture into empty mascara container; apply it on eye lashes with mascara brush before going to sleep and leave it. Do it daily for amazing results.
For Thick Eyebrows
For Thick Eyebrows Massage your eyebrows with warm olive oil for 5 minutes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight, then rinse it off with warm water the next morning. All the best
Hair mask for dry hair
If you have dry and fizzy hair, don’t worry. There is one solution that can make them shinier and silky and that is Olive oil hair mask
It contains olive oil, honey, and Vitamin E capsules.
Use extra virgin olive oil, it has more antioxidants and vitamins. These extra nutrients make your hair shinier and stronger. Honey can restore moisture in your scalp and has many anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These properties help restore dry hair and also help repair and reduce split ends. Always use raw honey. Now let us come to recipe:
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2-3 Vitamin-E capsules
- Airtight glass jars
- Basting brush or paintbrush
- Cling Film/ Shower Cap/Plastic grocery bag
How to prepare:
- Pour the honey in an airtight glass jar and add the olive oil to it.
- Now, pierce the Vitamin-E capsules and squeeze them into the olive oil and honey mix.
Whisk the mix until it becomes smooth.It shouldn’t be very sticky.
- Use a paint brush or basting brush to apply the mask on your hair. Pay more attention to your damaged hair ends.
- Make sure you apply the mask evenly all over your hair
- Cover your hair up with a shower cap. You can also wrap it up in plastic film or cover it with a plastic grocery bag. If you have long hair, twist it loosely on the top of your head and clip it in place before you cover it with a shower cap or wrap it with film.
- Let the bag remain on your head for around 90 minutes. This will let your hair absorb most of the honey and olive oil mix. The heat generated inside the shower cap or wrap stimulates better absorption of the hair mask.
- Finally, rinse off the mix using warm water. Don’t use hot water.
- Your hair might be sticky or stiff initially, but it will soon become softer as the water washes away more of the hair mask.
- Use a natural shampoo (gentle Ayurveda shampoo) and a conditioner.
Strong and Shiny hair
I know shampoo are getting very expensive these days and also they contain very harsh chemicals for your hair. I always say that if you are buying shampoo from market, just apply them on your scalp. no need to rub your hair with shampoo.
Today I am going to share recipe of one home made shampoo with you, that is very easy to prepare.
You just need:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. olive oil
Mix together and use as shampoo.
I know now you will ask, what about egg smell. Rinse your hair well but still if you are getting that smell, use apple cider vinegar for final wash.
You will need:
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
Mix ingredients together and apply to hair after shampoo. The ACV smell will disappear once your hair is dry.
- Pour a small amount of olive oil into the palm of your hand.
- Massage the olive oil into your skin strongly. This will help to work it into your skin and remove any dirt or makeup layer.
- Allow the olive oil to stay on your skin and work on your pores for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Run a clean cloth under hot water and wring it out well.
- Place the cloth over your face to cover up your blackheads and don’t remove it until it is cool.
- The steam will help to further loosen the dirt that was clogged in your pores causing the blackheads.
Top 5 health benefits of Olive Oil and home remedies:
Combining lemon and olive oil is a perfect way to create a strong lubricant for the digestive mucus. It can activate the function of the gallbladder and liver. This effective remedy acts as a powerful antioxidant, eliminates the toxins, and improves digestion.
The rich olive oil content of fatty acids is extremely beneficial for our body as they have the ability to remove the excess bad cholesterol and reactivate the circulation.
This amazing drink has strong anti-inflammatory properties. If you consume it regularly, it can help you to treat joint pain. Make sure to drink it before breakfast, on an empty stomach.
Balancing out the bile of the liver and gallbladder
You can prevent and stop the growth of gallstones by consuming this drink in the morning on an empty stomach. Combine olive oil, lemon, and water and drink it 1 hour before your breakfast in order to flush and detoxify your liver, kidneys, and gallbladder. Try this drink and you will be amazed by its results!
What are the known side effects ?
This oil is likely considered to be safe has no serious side effects.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
This can be used safely as 14% of total daily calories which aroung 28g daily intake.
Is it safe to use I am pregnant or breast feeding ?
Likely considered to be safe in the amount of food but no reliable information available. consult gynecologist for more information about the product.
Is it safe to use for children?
Likely considered to be safe in the amount of food but no reliable information available. Consult pediatrician fore more information about the product.