Don’t we all love to flaunt our toned arms in a enticing sleeveless shirt? But in most of the cases, we opt for the sleeved versions to hide our uneven and dark underarms.
Several factors such as shaving, medications, sweating and hormonal balances can trigger this potential cause of embarrassment among ladies.
Unlike other skin troubles, no ready-made remedy is available for treating dark underarms. This is why we opt for homemade antidotes and mix it up with a bit of patience for treating those dark spots.
Today, we are going to take a look at the benefits of coconut oil in our daily beauty regime and the DIY coconut oil packs which can help in fighting dark underarms.
Beauty Benefits Of Coconut Oil
- The antimicrobial and antibacterial attributes of coconut oil prevent infection caused by accumulation of microbes.
- Its high antioxidant contents assist in detoxification of skin pores and prevention of wrinkle formation as well as skin sagging.
- Coconut oil is enriched with proteins which add inertia to the production of new skin cells and repair of tissue for getting rid of underarm darkness.
- The anti-inflammatory and skin soothing properties of coconut oil can offer relief to irritations caused by armpit rashes.
- Its rich vitamin E and saturated fatty acid content aids in rendering adequate moisturization and nourishment to the skin for healing dark marks and scars.
- Coconut oil can penetrate deep inside the skin for destroying the dead skin cells which cause darkness.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms Using Coconut Oil?
#1 Milk Cream & Coconut Oil
You can smoothen your underarm skin and lighten it by opting for a mixture of 1 teaspoon turmeric, 2 tablespoons of milk cream and few drops of coconut oil.
All these ingredients shall have to be mixed together until the paste achieves a fine level of consistency.
Next you will be required to apply the same on your clean underarms. This paste should be allowed a resting of 15 minutes.
Then you will have to massage some coconut oil on the area by following circular motion. Lukewarm water can be used for washing off this paste.
It is advisable to stick to this remedy and follow it on a daily basis for benefitting out of best rated results.
#2 Apple Cider Vinegar & Coconut Oil
The skin lightening properties of apple cider vinegar can go a long way by teaming up with coconut oil for lightening dark underarms.
- For this you will have to mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with the same quantity of coconut oil.
- This mixture can be applied on the darkened patches and left on until it gets absorbed completely by the skin. It is advisable to try out this remedy on a daily basis prior to taking a bath.
#3 Baking Soda & Coconut Oil
Baking soda is an excellent exfoliator which serves as the ultimate nemesis of dead skin cells.
It also helps in balancing the skin’s pH level which ultimately leads to a radiant complexion. You can mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with one tablespoon of coconut oil and apply it on your underarm area.
The mixture should be gently scrubbed over a span of 3 minutes by following circular motion before being allowed a resting time of 15 minutes.
Finally, it will have to be washed off using room temperature water and dried using a towel.
#4 Essential Oils & Coconut Oil
Essential oils are loaded with antibacterial properties which can help in whitening your skin. It can be mixed up with coconut oil for regulate the production of sebum for skin tightening benefits.
- For this you will have to first mix ½ teaspoon of bergamot, lemon, rose otto, mandarin and galbanum oil each with ¼ teaspoon of carrot seed and litsea cubeba oil in a bowl.
- Next you will have to add ¼ cup of virgin coconut oil and blend in all the ingredients together.
This mixture needs to be applied on clean underarms and massaged in gentle motion for a few minutes.
You can refrigerate the remaining mixture and shake it well before succeeding usage. It is advisable to apply the mixture twice daily for best results.
#5 Sugar & Coconut Oil
You can flush out all toxins with an effective mixture containing 1 tablespoon of sugar and 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
This pack can prove to be highly effective in exfoliating dead skin cells without causing irritation or inflicting damage on the skin.
For preparing this mixture, you will have to melt coconut oil under low heat before adding sugar to the same. Both the ingredients need to be stirred well and cooled down subsequently.
This mixture can be applied on your underarms by following circular motion and left on for a stretch of 15 minutes. You will finally have to use cool water for rinsing it off and patting dry.
It is advisable to opt for virgin and organic coconut oil to treat skin troubles such as dark underarms. Melted coconut oil can usher in better results in stark contrast to its solidified form. Although coconut oil is suitable for all skin types, it is advisable to get a patch test done before introducing it your beauty regimen.